Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a trunk for my 2010 XC (if anyone has one for sale, I'm interested!). I know that I'll need to get the uplift kit. My question is about the wiring. I see that the trunks has an electrical connection. Does the 2010 have the plug on the bike that will plug into this connection? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I'm looking to buy a trunk for my 2010 XC (if anyone has one for sale, I'm interested!). I know that I'll need to get the uplift kit. My question is about the wiring. I see that the trunks has an electrical connection. Does the 2010 have the plug on the bike that will plug into this connection? Thanks!
My guess is "yes," and here's why.

1) The official Vic accessory page in question, http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/shop/accessories/racks-storage-bagger?page=2 , lists all those trunks as compatible with 2010 XCs. The Vic accessory compatibility information on their web site is often wrong... but wrong in the sense that Vic often doesn't list all the models that a part fits, i.e., often leaving out years. But I've never heard or read about Vic including years that don't fit.

So there's that.

2) And they specifically mention the extra goodies required for 2010 bikes:

Required, Not Included: For MY10 Cross Country or Cross Roads bikes, the Trunk Upfit Kit (PN 2878482) and Lock Kit (PN2878339) are required (Sold Separately)

3) As a final check, just remove your left side cover, and look for a big, unused, plug. That's where the connector to the trunk harness lives. (BTW, the wiring is for the trunk's tail/brake LED, and for a cigarette-lighter-style outlet inside the trunk.)

·
Registered
426 Posts
no guess to it, on the left side right behind the lowest point of the seat with a black rubber cover over it. about 3/4" by 1.5". cant miss it.
you dont have to pop the bag off to get to it but it does make it easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts