Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This past July Victory unveiled two new models: The Cross Roads and Cross Country expand the touring branch to three primary models. (Be sure to read the 2010 Victory Line-up Preview for all the nitty gritty.)

Though we took as thorough a look as possible during the unveiling, our opportunity to start riding some of the 2010 Victorys has finally arrived!

The Cross Country (and Cross Roads) is a lot of what we already know about Victory, specifically the Vision.

The CC and CR have CORE at their core. That is to say, each of the new models employs technology used in the Vision's frame to create a new but similar two-piece sand-cast hollow aluminum frame. The Cross bikes do however use the same Freedom 106/6 50-degree V-Twin that powers the luxo-tourer. In our 2009 Luxury Touring comparison the 106/6 pumped out 102 ft-lbs and 85 hp on the dyno.

More: 2010 Victory Cross Country Review on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Victory Cross Country

I picked up a 2010 Cross Country three weeks ago, I traded in a Honda VTX 1800 R I had this bike out west a few times and it treated me fine. After riding the new Cross Country the VTX comes in a second place. the Cross Country handles as good as it looks. In June 2010 I shipping it to California where I hope to be riding it for a few weeks before I take the long trip back to Pa. with it. If all goes well I will post info of my trip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cross Roads

I Have The Cross Roads And Put 400 Miles So Far, Not Easy In Upstate Ny In March But Being A Harley Guy I Will Say Thisit Is The Best Handling Bike I Have Ever Riden My Other Bike Is A 09 Street Glide And It Runs Circles Around It, Power Wise I Think The Cr Has It I Havent Put It Through Its Paces Yet But Im Happy:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've got about 700 miles (in a week) on my new XC and I'm head over heals with this bike. My wife likes it better than anybike we've had as well, I mean shes never came to me and said, Where are we riding today? I mean never and we've been riding 35 years. It's the best handling and riding bike I've ever had, with plenty of passing power which is important. My wife can't get over the capacity of the saddle bags and the overall pleasantness of the ride. Well me neither actually. They sure did a hellava job on this bike. cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Okay, please forgive me. I just registered with the forum and for the life of me I can't figure out how to start a new thread.

Be nice, I am a newbie looking to join the ranks of the Victory owners club. (Looking at a 2011 Cross Roads)

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
Okay, please forgive me. I just registered with the forum and for the life of me I can't figure out how to start a new thread.

Be nice, I am a newbie looking to join the ranks of the Victory owners club. (Looking at a 2011 Cross Roads)
Go to the top of this page and click on FORUMS in the narrow brown strip. Under VICTORY MOTORCYCLES, go to the forum you want - VICTORY CROSS COUNTRY & CROSS ROADS would be the appropriate one. At the top, just below the brown bar, click on NEW THREAD and you're in. If you are interested in a bagger cruiser, you can not do better that a Cross Country. I have a Cross Roads, cuz I didn't want the bat wing and its stuff and as a first time cruiser owner in 59 years of riding, I am more impressed with my XR than any other bike I have owned as it does it all so well. Hint: when bargaining for the price, make a list of ALL the add-ons you want, hand it to the dealer and make it a complete package. That way you'll get a huge break on accessories and the installation. Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ricz,

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try my luck tomorrow. From what I've heard and read everyone agrees with you. You can't do any better than the Victory.

Thanks again,

me

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm on the road as of 04/11/11
I installed the Ness Big Honkers. They are a much better sound than the stock slip on's.
I need to get to LLyods motorworks for some up grades. It sure is tough getting in touch with the Motorworks Co. I'm very happy. I just can't get enough of the ride and the handling that comes with the Victory Cross Country.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hint: when bargaining for the price, make a list of ALL the add-ons you want, hand it to the dealer and make it a complete package. That way you'll get a huge break on accessories and the installation. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Dang! Wish I would have see this earlier. I worked on the bike then the accessories which isn't much. Just passenger backrest and ipod setup for now. Bike by itself is $20,000 OTD. That a good price in anyone's opinion? I'll be going for a test ride in next two days and hoping it will handle as well as everyone says. I was going to get a Kawasaki Vaquero which is about $2,700 less including accessories. I've always had Kawasaki Vulcans and never have had a mechanical problem, so kind of hard if I do the switch....:confused:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Dang! Wish I would have see this earlier. I worked on the bike then the accessories which isn't much. Just passenger backrest and ipod setup for now. Bike by itself is $20,000 OTD. That a good price in anyone's opinion? I'll be going for a test ride in next two days and hoping it will handle as well as everyone says. I was going to get a Kawasaki Vaquero which is about $2,700 less including accessories. I've always had Kawasaki Vulcans and never have had a mechanical problem, so kind of hard if I do the switch....:confused:
It's generally better to quote ACTUAL sales prices rather than OTD figures. See, we don't know your sales taxes, and fees the dealer might add, etc.

Color also makes a difference as there is $1K difference between the black and the white models. So, what color are you interested in? As a point of reference, others have found the black for $15,999 after all discounts ($16,999 less the demo ride $1K) but the same bike in the white would be $16,999.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's generally better to quote ACTUAL sales prices rather than OTD figures. See, we don't know your sales taxes, and fees the dealer might add, etc.

Color also makes a difference as there is $1K difference between the black and the white models. So, what color are you interested in? As a point of reference, others have found the black for $15,999 after all discounts ($16,999 less the demo ride $1K) but the same bike in the white would be $16,999.
OTD price includes tax and all fees. It is the black model so cheaper. I'm in California, so I believe 8.5% sales tax. They took about $1400 off the MSRP which is really a bogus number. Invoice is what counts. The Kawasaki dealer showed me the invoice and will make $1000 bucks on the deal. They actually make most of their $$$ on service. Contracts with Highway Patrol and local police. $20,000 not looking like such a good deal.:( With accessories, $20,600. Sheeesh.....Their attitude is they can't keep up with demand which might be true.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
OTD price includes tax and all fees. It is the black model so cheaper. I'm in California, so I believe 8.5% sales tax. They took about $1400 off the MSRP which is really a bogus number. Invoice is what counts. The Kawasaki dealer showed me the invoice and will make $1000 bucks on the deal. They actually make most of their $$$ on service. Contracts with Highway Patrol and local police. $20,000 not looking like such a good deal.:( With accessories, $20,600. Sheeesh.....Their attitude is they can't keep up with demand which might be true.
Buying a bike is not like buying a car. Actual "Invoice" figures are not published for bikes (in most cases) so although many want to start at invoice and then work up, that's simply not practical for a product you do not know the TRUE invoice values.

The Vaquero is a nice looking bike. A guy who runs a local cycle shop around here is considering one. He rode the XC & now prefers the Vic so you really do need to ride both. In the end, the XC will probably still be a few dollars ($1,000 to $1,500) more that the Kawasaki but who knows, you may decide that the Vic is worth those few extra $$$'s. Make sure you do shop around though so that you can get this smaller difference. I have not heard of anyone else saying that the XC was more than $1,500 more than a comparably-equipped Vaquero.

If you are financing any part of your bike, Victory has better offers than do most others including H-D and even credit Unions (3.99% for 36 months).

As far as "in demand"...Yep, probably accurate. You will often find that the bikes come in and are sold at many dealerships in less than 30 days. However, you can still get discounts up to 15% off MSRP for these bikes in some limited situations.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In the end, the XC will probably still be a few dollars ($1,000 to $1,500) more that the Kawasaki but who knows, you may decide that the Vic is worth those few extra $$$'s.
$1000 to $1500 more is not an issue if it rides as well as everyone says. Going on a test ride tomorrow. Now if it is $2600 more for a company I'm not familiar with and a dealership I'm not familiar with, I may balk. I do like the styling of the Vaquero more and I have ridden it so am familiar with what it can and can not do. Thanks for all the input....greatly appreciated!cheers

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
$1000 to $1500 more is not an issue if it rides as well as everyone says. Going on a test ride tomorrow. Now if it is $2600 more for a company I'm not familiar with and a dealership I'm not familiar with, I may balk. I do like the styling of the Vaquero more and I have ridden it so am familiar with what it can and can not do. Thanks for all the input....greatly appreciated!cheers
Just make certain you shop and let the dealer know that you need them to be competitive. I'd be willing to bet that they are able to work something out. They should be able to come close to the $ ranges I was throwing out to keep from loosing a sale...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just make certain you shop and let the dealer know that you need them to be competitive. I'd be willing to bet that they are able to work something out. They should be able to come close to the $ ranges I was throwing out to keep from loosing a sale...
I'll definitely take your advice. I did look at the Vaquero again today and it just 'fit' me. They say they can fit the CC to you so I'll give them that oppurtunity. Sitting on it my arms are stretched out in front. Other than that, it seems very comfortable. Hey, early congrats on your bike!cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts