Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Victory Cross Roads - $11500
2010 model, Mint condition, 2,100 miles
Cruise control, driving lights (driving lights still in the box)
6-speed w/overdrive
106 cubic inch V-Twin
Serious offers only.

This is for sale near me,and I have never ridden a Victory but I sat on a 2013 XC and was really impressed.
Hopefully I will be able to demo one soon

Can someone tell me how this compares to the 2013 XC?
Meaning the ride? Are the handlebars/seat the same?
Is this a decent price?
Any thoughts

Thanks Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm not sure if they are the same bars but I know that they will be a bit lighter without the fairing and you will have a difference in wind management but other then that same bike.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
6-speed w/overdrive
106 cubic inch V-Twin
Serious offers only.

This is for sale near me,and I have never ridden a Victory but I sat on a 2013 XC and was really impressed.
Hopefully I will be able to demo one soon

Can someone tell me how this compares to the 2013 XC?
Meaning the ride? Are the handlebars/seat the same?
Is this a decent price?
Any thoughts

Thanks Dan
Handlebars
The Cross Roads (XR) has 2-inch less pullback than the Cross Country (XC). However, if you need the XC handlebars, there's always someone going to apes, and they let their stock XC bars go for next to nothing. So, I would not worry about the handlebars.

No Fairing
The XR does not have a fairing (or the fairing stereo), and that's where it differs from the XC. Instead it has a removable windshield. This can be a plus or a minus, depending on what you like. If you like having a fairing, and/or stereo, the XC has those, and the XR does not. On the other hand, if you like being able to quickly remove the wind protection for summer cruises around town, the XR allows you to do that, while the XC does not.

2010-vs-2013
Regardless if you're looking at XR or XC, when comparing 2010 models to the 2013, you have to keep in mind that 2013 has ABS, while 2010 does not. Also the 2010 needs oil changes every 2500 miles, compared to the 5000 mile interval for the 2011-2013 models.

All that being said, the bike you're looking at is a lot cheaper than a 2013 XC. You should get it even if you keep it only for a year or so, and sell it when you're ready for the new XC. You wont' lose much if anything when buying a used bike and keeping it only a year or two. Once you own it, you'll know if you're itching to get an XC or if the XR fits your needs better.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Handlebars
The Cross Roads (XR) has 2-inch less pullback than the Cross Country (XC). However, if you need the XC handlebars, there's always someone going to apes, and they let their stock XC bars go for next to nothing. So, I would not worry about the handlebars.

No Fairing
The XR does not have a fairing (or the fairing stereo), and that's where it differs from the XC. Instead it has a removable windshield. This can be a plus or a minus, depending on what you like. If you like having a fairing, and/or stereo, the XC has those, and the XR does not. On the other hand, if you like being able to quickly remove the wind protection for summer cruises around town, the XR allows you to do that, while the XC does not.

2010-vs-2013
Regardless if you're looking at XR or XC, when comparing 2010 models to the 2013, you have to keep in mind that 2013 has ABS, while 2010 does not. Also the 2010 needs oil changes every 2500 miles, compared to the 5000 mile interval for the 2011-2013 models.

All that being said, the bike you're looking at is a lot cheaper than a 2013 XC. You should get it even if you keep it only for a year or so, and sell it when you're ready for the new XC. You wont' lose much if anything when buying a used bike and keeping it only a year or two. Once you own it, you'll know if you're itching to get an XC or if the XR fits your needs better.
wow,thanks for all the info

Why would you have to change the oil so often?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
wow,thanks for all the info

Why would you have to change the oil so often?
In 2011, the transmission got a little update which yielded slightly reduced gear whine, and allowed the oil change interval to go from 2,500 miles to 5,000 miles. Oil's cheap, so the oil change frequency should not be a deal breaker, unless you ride coast to coast often, and don't want to stop for an oil change. ;) I only mentioned it because it is a difference that does have some monetary impact. You can calculate how many miles you plan to put on it each year, and how many years you estimate to own it, and see if that's a factor into your decision or not.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In 2011, the transmission got a little update which yielded slightly reduced gear whine, and allowed the oil change interval to go from 2,500 miles to 5,000 miles. Oil's cheap, so the oil change frequency should not be a deal breaker, unless you ride coast to coast often, and don't want to stop for an oil change. ;) I only mentioned it because it is a difference that does have some monetary impact. You can calculate how many miles you plan to put on it each year, and how many years you estimate to own it, and see if that's a factor into your decision or not.
No,I was just curious
Thanks again
The person selling it didnt leave his email or phone #,so I have to reply to graigslist and they have not responded yet

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok,I was able to finally go check out this bike,I did not take it for a ride because the father(the owner) was not home,He is selling because he is having problems with his eye sight.

It felt very comfortable,not sure I like the stock exhaust(not loud enough).The handle bar reach was good and everything
So when I go back to test ride it and I like it what should I offer him?How low should I go

Thanks Dan

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
That is a fair price already.However, You should be able to get it down some. Really low miles is nice. Although,bikes that sit can develop problems as well as tires being a concern when they get old.
You can buy a brand new leftover for about $15,000 right now.So, take that into account when negotiating. I bought my '11 CR earlier this year for 11.5 with lots of accessories and 13,500 miles on it .
Good luck.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a fair price already.However, You should be able to get it down some. Really low miles is nice. Although,bikes that sit can develop problems as well as tires being a concern when they get old.
You can buy a brand new leftover for about $15,000 right now.So, take that into account when negotiating. I bought my '11 CR earlier this year for 11.5 with lots of accessories and 13,500 miles on it .
Good luck.

thanks
yeah,I looking into brand new 13's,too....i'm so confused....

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I would offer 9k and not go much higher than that. XR's are not high demand bikes and there are quite a few of us who got them brand new for 25% or so off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you do decide to go with the bike and want longer bars, I have the stock ones taken off my XCT. They were never used (had the dealer change out to the pull backs before delivery). I'll let them go real cheap if you decide you want them. They've been hanging on a peg board in my garage for slightly over a year.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would offer 9k and not go much higher than that. XR's are not high demand bikes and there are quite a few of us who got them brand new for 25% or so off.
I offered 9k,and he said he was firm at $11,500
so i guess I will keep shopping

If you do decide to go with the bike and want longer bars, I have the stock ones taken off my XCT. They were never used (had the dealer change out to the pull backs before delivery). I'll let them go real cheap if you decide you want them. They've been hanging on a peg board in my garage for slightly over a year.
Thanks for the offer

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Keep an eye out on the for sale section of this forum and the other Vic forum, there are XRs that pop up now and then.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know its a old Thread,but I found out yesterday this is still for sale

Should I offer him $9 or 10,000 cash......your thoughts....help me

6-speed w/overdrive
106 cubic inch V-Twin
Serious offers only.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have found in many instances that if you walk in with cash they are willing to negotiate.

I would show up and tell him you have 9k cash in hand and willing to leave with the bike same day. He's had it this long and is probably ready for it to go. Worst he can say is no.

·
Premium Member
13,292 Posts
I know its a old Thread,but I found out yesterday this is still for sale

Should I offer him $9 or 10,000 cash......your thoughts....help me

6-speed w/overdrive
106 cubic inch V-Twin
Serious offers only.
It's essentially a new black 2010 XR with windshield and driving lights but otherwise stock. NADA says average retail is 10'597 which means a dealer of some kind would be asking for this amount.

The 2010 did not come with the easy neutral finder and they suggest a more often oil change which to be honest; I would ignore and just listen and feel the bike talk to you about when it likes the oil to be changed. There will be small things like harder shifting when it needs it.

If this one was one of the red ones I'd offer 10'500. Being a black one I'd go as high as 10'200.

Nothing wrong with the older models but the newer ones have ABS brakes and the updated trans which seems to be holding up fine just like the 2010 trans.

I have seen new 2012 black XR's go for 13,000 in 2013. It's 2014 now but the new models don't come out till August; toward the end of riding season.

Here is a 2012 in Katy, TX for 13,000 with 5k miles.

Here's an 11' model with 5k miles for 10,900. It has the back rests, rack, and tach added which are expensive. This is a better deal than the one you are looking at.

Here's one with 1,300 miles and they want $9k for it.

2010 Victory Cross ROADS, A beautiful black & chrome 2010 crossroads. Has a stage one exhaust and tach kit installed. Has had first service by dealer. A very well balanced, smooth riding bike. I also have a cover for it. $9,000.00

Of the ones listed and found in the Cycle Trader; I would go with this one myself.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2010-Victory-Cross-ROADS-111541812

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks everyone,I'm going to talk with him this week,and I will offer cash and see what happens.
I do like it alot,I just cant make a decision...:crzy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts