Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles is something of an exercise in architectural design freedom. It proved to be an excellent venue for Victory to reveal its 2010 models, as the Hall's freedom in design hinted at what Victory wanted to say about its own design philosophies.

Model Year 2010 is a year of additions for the Medina, Minnesota-based bike maker. Two all-new models enter the line-up, two existing bikes take on pared-down appearances to expand the 8-Ball line, and one model finally gets the option of ABS.

More: 2010 Victory Motorcycles Line-up Preview on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 Vics Wow

I got to see sit on but not ride the new Cross Country

Victory dose it again.

I can hardly wait to ride it.

The Vision blew me away and has set high expectations.

With the more coventional styling but lots of modren flair i can see the two new bikes really making an impact.
If they ride and are as reliable as all the other Vics
Harley and all the other bike builders have a big challange.

People are finding out that Vics are riders bikes first and foremost.

Even with a big bikes, a touring maching and now a couple bagger Vics just crave the cruves.

Wyo Hammerman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cross Roads, the right bike?

I went to the Victory dealer yesterday to look at the Kingpin touring bike. They told me about the new Cross Roads. I am going to wait now until I can test drive one. I really like the exhaust change to one on each side instead of stacked exhaust so that you can have bigger bags. The bigger 106 engine is nice too, and I understand the frame is going to change? I didn't notice if you can get cruise control on the Cross Roads. I think you can get it on the Cross Country but I am not looking for the fixed fairing.
I did test ride the Kingpin, unfortunately the dealer wanted to ride with me and only took us for about a mile ride. Not really enough time to get a good feel for the bike. What little time I did ride left me with a good feeling about the bike. I am a little concerned about the 65.7" wheel base though. For those that have ridden the bike around curves how does it handle? We have lots of nice curving backroads in Wisconsin and I still want a bike that can flow around them. I had a Honda Shadow with a 64" wheel base and it was just ok in the corners. It didn't have enough power for highway touring either. I have a Triumph tiger 1050 now, 60" wheel base, great around corners and lots of power for touring but too hard to get on with 31" seat height and leg position is a little cramped. (I'm 65 so I notice those things) I think the floor boards on the Cross Roads would be more comfortable. So I'm hoping it will be the right bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
very nice looking bikes how about reliability and mileage what is the deal in these bikes like price and warranty
The price is less than a Street Glide and the warrantee almost is not needed. I met a guy this weekend with 32,000 miles on his XC and no problems. These bikes just go and go. I've got 10,000 on my 11 and see no signs of stopping.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Wow, it took over 2 years for this guy to get an answer. :)

My XR has over 11k miles too and no problems!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts