Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning,

Anyone have the later style Foot Pegs and Brackets for a trade for my Rear Passenger Floorboards and brackets?

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Is the mounting the same at the mount points on the frame? Do you have pictures of them that I could see?

I'd much rather have floorboards for the passenger than the pegs on my 2014 XC. If the boards you have can be mounted to the same mount points, I'd probably be willing to trade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the mounting the same at the mount points on the frame? Do you have pictures of them that I could see?

I'd much rather have floorboards for the passenger than the pegs on my 2014 XC. If the boards you have can be mounted to the same mount points, I'd probably be willing to trade.
I believe so! Maybe someone with more experience with that will tune in. I have not had these off the bike since purchased. I doubt they would change the manufacturing holes on a production frame for just Foot Peg mounting. I will go take some pictures!

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I'd think so, but there were definitely quite a few changes on the cross bikes between 2010 and 2014, so best to be cautious here :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a small chip out of one of the brackets. I never really noticed it before, the boards are up most of the time. Doesn't seem to affect anything.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
They look like the same mount points to me. I'm not concerned with cosmetic dings and scratches.

I'd be willing to trade :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok great! I have a ride scheduled for this weekend, so I will take the brackets and boards off, and have them ready to ship Monday morning. Will that work for you to also ship on Monday? this way we will HOPEFULLY have time with shipping, to get them and installed before the following weekend.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Sounds good to me.

I'll PM you with my shipping info.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Just a heads up, the right side bracket is a chore to remove. The entire exhaust system needs loosened to remove the bracket.

The brackets for pegs are different than the brackets for floorboards!

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Just a heads up, the right side bracket is a chore to remove. The entire exhaust system needs loosened to remove the bracket.

The brackets for pegs are different than the brackets for floorboards!
Yeah, the right mount is a bear to remove.

We're trading both mounts and pegs/floorboards (the whole assembly is coming off), so we're good.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
@rarquilla right? We're both going to take off the entire assembly from the frame, including the mounts?

That's what I'm planning on. You'll get everything that mounts to the frame of the bike, including the mount, bolts, pegs and all associated hardware from me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
@rarquilla right? We're both going to take off the entire assembly from the frame, including the mounts?

That's what I'm planning on. You'll get everything that mounts to the frame of the bike, including the mount, bolts, pegs and all associated hardware from me.
They should fit. I fired XC floorboards my 2013 HardBall when I bought it as a shop demonstrator in 2014
The hardest part was parting the RHS muffler from the pipe to get access to the bolt. They really improved passenger comfort
With them + tour trunk backrest my wife is happy with 800 km days

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Sorry for the delay, I just set up the account, and did not have my notifications set-up. Yes! Everything needed to do a direct swap. Even the bolts in the case some are longer or shorter.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
@rarquilla STOP!

After about an hour of work, I realized that the entire exhaust system has to be displaced in order to remove the right side passenger footrest mount. It's not worth that much effort to me to swap between pegs and floorboards, so I'm going to call a halt to our trade, and go back to the Kuryakyn floorboards i had in place.

Sorry man,

Aaron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have someone that is ready to trade with me now. I am going to him the respect to see this through. if he doesn't end up trading, you will be the first candidate. hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
193 Posts
@rarquilla STOP!

After about an hour of work, I realized that the entire exhaust system has to be displaced in order to remove the right side passenger footrest mount. It's not worth that much effort to me to swap between pegs and floorboards, so I'm going to call a halt to our trade, and go back to the Kuryakyn floorboards i had in place.

Sorry man,

Aaron
I managed to do the swap on the HardBall without removing the whole exhaust, removed both mufflers, loosened all other exhaust joints and mounts after spraying lots of possumpiss into the pipe joints and letting it sit over night. It was a tight squeeze to get the RHS bottom floorboard mount in and bolted, a big job but worth it. My wife was very appreciative.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts