Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure that any of the reviews I have read covered this, so I thought I'd point it out. I noticed that the seat on the 2011 Cross Roads is different that the seat on the 2010 Cross Roads. Specifically, the passenger section is now narrower. On the 2010 version, the seat extends sideways further than the rear fender, while on the 2011 it is more conformed to the width of the fender.

I believe the same would be true for the 2011 Cross Country - Maybe someone with a CC can confirm?

Below are images of my black 2011 XR, a red 2010 XC, and a not so good angle of a 2010 XR.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The Cross Roads seat is narrower because of the Core program; Victory assumes that the majority of 2011 Cross Roads buyers will opt for leather saddlebags -- the wide seat interferes with opening the leather bags. I've seen several 2011 Cross Countrys and all of them have the same seat as the 2010. I can't say that's the standard because all of them I've seen have been 1st generation -- 2011 models manufactured in Jul 2010.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your explanation does make a lot of sense. I must admit, I'm loving the narrower look, as it seems to continue the lines of the rear fender.

·
Registered
33 Posts
One of the first things i saw on my 2010 was the big ass wide passenger seat and thought she will love this! If moma is happy im happy! We will keep the wide one

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2011 XC and it came with the wide seat. The first thing I did was buy the Core narrow seat...I ride solo and hated the wide look. The narrow seat...in my opinion...makes a huge improvement in the look of the bike.

·
Registered
528 Posts
They may look better but my wife likes the wider seat. If she likes it better then so do I.
After all if she isn't happy then I will not be very happy for long.

dd

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They may look better but my wife likes the wider seat. If she likes it better then so do I.
After all if she isn't happy then I will not be very happy for long.

dd
You do have your priorities straight. An unhappy wife means a miserable life! :)

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I have a 2011 XC and it came with the wide seat. The first thing I did was buy the Core narrow seat...I ride solo and hated the wide look. The narrow seat...in my opinion...makes a huge improvement in the look of the bike.
Do you have a part number for the narrow seat? I looked at the Polaris accessorie website, but only saw low seats advertised.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a part number for the narrow seat? I looked at the Polaris accessorie website, but only saw low seats advertised.

Thanks!
You might have to give a dealer a call. It won't be listed as an accessory, because it's not an accessory. It's the stock seat for 2011 Cross Roads. So if you want a narrow seat made by Victory, you have to ask for a 2011 Cross Roads stock seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts