Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying a cross country just don't really know if they're are any major changes between these years. There is certainly a big difference in price. What significant changes are there between these years or is it basically the same bike just a different color section?

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I'm not very familiar with the XC, but what I do know is this....
2010 - no ABS
2011 - revised transmission
2012 - ABS added
Maybe some XC owners will add to the list.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
2011 trans.

2011 trans is much tighter overall feel. Also no electrics for brakes, no ABS that is good or bad depending on how you look at it. I got a 2011 Cross Roads, brakes are ok, but no ABS. Never road one with the ABS so I do not miss it. ABS is suppose to be a good thing. Insurance may be cheaper on the ABS equipped bikes or more because it could cost more to repair the ABS system after an accident.

·
Registered
520 Posts
2010 has the "old" trans which means shorter oil change intervals, the gears readout on the dash even when the clutch is pulled in unlike the newer ones and the trans is more bullet proof IMO but noisier. The 2010 also has chrome switch housings for the radio and cruise, the newer ones were cheapened to black plastic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Didn't the XR include passenger floorboards at one time instead of foot pegs?

·
Registered
12,330 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
2010 has the "old" trans which means shorter oil change intervals, the gears readout on the dash even when the clutch is pulled in unlike the newer ones and the trans is more bullet proof IMO but noisier. The 2010 also has chrome switch housings for the radio and cruise, the newer ones were cheapened to black plastic.
The 2011 transmission is QUIETER than the 2010 and earlier versions. The service/oil change periods are twice as long as the pre '11 models so that will cost you less in the future (5k miles between services instead of the older 2,500 service interval). The radio & cruise controls on my 2011 have chrome housings. Then again mine is a Ness version and EVERYTHING on my bike is chrome so that may be why mine is that way if other '11s aren't.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The '11 XC is the only one with passenger floor boards, standard.
No other differences other than those previously mentioned.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Typo error on my part...MEANT didn't the XC at one time have passenger floorboards instead of footpegs?
All XC's that I know of come with standard passenger floor boards except the Ness models. At least that's the way they were until the 2013's if they changed that on them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
All XC's that I know of come with standard passenger floor boards except the Ness models. At least that's the way they were until the 2013's if they changed that on them.
My '12 came with pegs.

·
Registered
460 Posts
No. The 2011 is the only year with passenger floorboards. The XCT have always had adjustable passenger floorboards.

·
Registered
136 Posts
2013 xc pegs and xct floorboards.

·
Registered
83 Posts
2013 stripped out a bunch of features that came on my 2012 CCT. My last trip to the dealership they told me that the following was no longer standard on the 2013 CCT -
Heated seats
Heated grips
passenger floorboards (adjustable)
HID low-beam

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
2013 stripped out a bunch of features that came on my 2012 CCT. My last trip to the dealership they told me that the following was no longer standard on the 2013 CCT -
Heated seats
Heated grips
passenger floorboards (adjustable)
HID low-beam
To paraphrase what Rocky said to Bullwinkle, I think you need to get a new dealer.

Just today I got email from Victory, with a link to the new XCT (or CCT, if you prefer): http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/touring/cross-country-tour/motorcycle . If you take a look at that page - and the colors are definitely the 2013-model-year colors, not the 2012 choices (and I own a 2012 XCT) - you'll see "ADJUSTABLE PASSENGER FLOORBOARDS" and "HEATED SEATS AND GRIPS" among the standard-features bulleted items.

(Oh, yeah, the HTML page TITLE is "2013 Victory Cross Country Tour...". Can't find anything about headlights on the Features or Specs tabs.)

·
Registered
136 Posts
wspollack, I see what you are seeing and at my dealer those are standard on the XCT, not the XC.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
wspollack, I see what you are seeing and at my dealer those are standard on the XCT, not the XC.
Right, agree with ya.

If I understand Infamous correctly, however, he's saying that his dealer said that those features would be deleted from the "CCT" (which I take to be another abbreviation for what most of us call the XCT around here), which doesn't square with the official 2013 page (which seems to indicate that the 2013 is pretty much the same as the 2012, except for some new colors).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts