Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried finding this in previous threads...and I apologize for asking for old info... but can any one tell me what the extra wires are for under the seat and behind the rear fender of my 2010 XC. There is a two pole plug under the seat and two small wires at the base of the rear fender.

I have everything apart adding the reinforced rear sub-frame to hold a tour pack. Before I spend time chasing wires with a test light to see what thes are I was hoping someone could tell me. I want to wire in the tail/brake/signal lights on my tour pack. I know tour packs were not an option in 2010 so the extra wires have me perplexed.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The plug under the seat is probably the heated seat plug, it's switched. Under the rear fender is always hot, for usb in saddlebag.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Tour pack plug is under left side cover. That plug includes tail light, brake lights, rear speakers, constant hot. I don't have the diagram anymore but you should be able to figure it out with a probe light.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info...I don’t think my 2010 will have the tour pack plug since it wasn’t offered or even an option. My bike is at its winter home still 20 minutes from me or I would just go look. I am guessing I will have tap into the wiring harness which I am not looking forward to

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I had a 2010 that had the tour trunk plug.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I finally got over to where my bike is and to my surprise there is a plug there which looks like it has enough wires for the trunk. Does anyone know a part number for this plug?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should clarify...does anyone have a cross reference to any other supplier of this plug than Polaris? I do not want to have to buy the entire wiring harness just for a plug. And I do not want to give Polaris any of my money. I am sure these wouldn’t be specific to victory. Thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
My research for a connector to a tour pack under left side cover came up with Delphi

Delphi Metri-Pack 150
8 pin
Fully assembled female pigtail – p/n 12047937 (same connector as on trunk, goes to connector on bike)
IMG_3888.JPG

2016 Cross Country Tour, gloss black
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk app

·
Registered
307 Posts
These guys also

I bought connectors from theses guys to make a cable for my vision. Different cable but they were spot on. Motorcycle Connectors look for sealed connectors. Prices weren't bad at all.....LMYR

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much for this info. Ordering connectors now. $6 for a connector vs $82.00 for the victory wiring harness that I have to cut up anyway.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I bought connectors from theses guys to make a cable for my vision. Different cable but they were spot on. Motorcycle Connectors look for sealed connectors. Prices weren't bad at all.....LMYR
I have bought parts for Joe for years now. He has helped my source out several different connectors. Some for Yamaha some for the Vic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts