Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dealer offered me 8k trade so before I do that and you buy it for 10 from dealer make me an offer.

22xxx miles

Internally wired Wild1 springer apes
Hydraulic clutch
Cruise
Heated Avon grips
Corbin heated dual tour
XCT trunk and rack
XTC lowers
XCT adjustable passenger floor boards
Removal fairing and windshields as well as extra hardware for a second shield
Bag racks and bars
Lay down license bracket
Luggage bags
Stuff I'm forgetting
Not all things are pictured

Attachments

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
Holy crap! 220,000 miles! You have put in a lot of saddle time. That sure looks different from my XR. :)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That's an awful lot of bike for 8,000 . F**k you got 5,000 just in accessories . Seems like a steal for 10,000 let alone 8,000 . If they will give you 8 for the bike , I would pull all the accessories off and sell them here for a lot of extra cash in your pocket . Dealers always say they don't pay for upgrades , your bike is worth what its worth based on book value .

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy crap! 220,000 miles! You have put in a lot of saddle time. That sure looks different from my XR. :)
Sorry. 22000

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's an awful lot of bike for 8,000 . F**k you got 5,000 just in accessories . Seems like a steal for 10,000 let alone 8,000 . If they will give you 8 for the bike , I would pull all the accessories off and sell them here for a lot of extra cash in your pocket . Dealers always say they don't pay for upgrades , your bike is worth what its worth based on book value .

I'm shopping the bike around but I may do that very thing.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! What a buy for someone. After putting all the time, effort, and money into it I have to ask why you would sell it. Looks like a keeper to me. I assume you mean it has 22k miles on it; yes?
I'm really only home a couple days a week so my bike is rarely ridden except for trips the wife and I take. I bought it to have a reliable bike after the Gilroy Indians I owned became unreliable for long haul rides. I like the bike but just can't justify owning multiple bikes at this point and would like a new Chief

·
Registered
173 Posts
Are you interested in selling the trunk?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you interested in selling the trunk?
Not today, I'll know more next week after I take the stripped version to the dealer and see what they will give me. If I sell it I'll let you know plus I work in the Detroit area so I can get it to you without shipping.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aside from the sale , did you do the internal wiring yourself ? Something I'd like to do ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I did' if I recall I added 16" all soldered and staggered. It was a. very tight fit in the double walled bars especially on the throttle side with the cruise control wire. It's also a little tricky reassembling the throttle because of the wiring.

I guess it was a tedious job more than anything. Very clean looking especially with. Hydraulic clutch.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not to sound like a vulture but if the dealer works with you on the stripped version and you start selling off the accessories I'd be interested in a price on the seat.

If you keep it great, sell it together great too, but does the seat hook into the factory heated seat plug? Anything you would do different from Corbin? Can you feel the stitching in the seat after a long day sitting? Thanks, thinking about getting the wife a Corbin for my XCT.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
I'm really only home a couple days a week so my bike is rarely ridden except for trips the wife and I take. I bought it to have a reliable bike after the Gilroy Indians I owned became unreliable for long haul rides. I like the bike but just can't justify owning multiple bikes at this point and would like a new Chief
I hear ya. Can't blame you on wanting a new Chief. I wouldn't mind one either. It's one of the few bikes I'd give my Kingpin up for.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not to sound like a vulture but if the dealer works with you on the stripped version and you start selling off the accessories I'd be interested in a price on the seat.

If you keep it great, sell it together great too, but does the seat hook into the factory heated seat plug? Anything you would do different from Corbin? Can you feel the stitching in the seat after a long day sitting? Thanks, thinking about getting the wife a Corbin for my XCT.
No sweat allot of people have asked me similar questions.

As to the Corbin it plugs into the bike and has separated switches for front and rear heat. I can't feel the stitching and cobin seats is what we prefer. They are very very firm and my favorite long haul saddle. My opinion is best summed up by saying this.

have you ever seen a cushy horse saddle?

·
Registered
16 Posts
post again if you sell off the parts

I have an XR that I love. Post again if you decide to sell off some of the accessories.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I went to the dealer and fully intended to buy an Indian.

I have put hundreds of miles on all models of them, leading demo rides and really liked them. I have also spent my share of time on allot of Victorys doing the same. This time however it was 88 degrees out and I had my wife with me who is almost always on my bike. She really likes the Indians look but after a couple hours and three different bikes she said they all run too hot even without lowers. I whole heartedly agree.

While at the dealer she spotted the Black and Grey magnum and loved the look. So we rode it about 60 miles and both agree that's the next bike for us. She said when she got off that she was sorry to admit she feels full converted to the brand now.

So a Magnum is in the near future if I can make the deal I want and T this point I'm not sure what if any accessories I'm keeping or selling. Bike is for sale locally and I think it may sell in its mostly stock version. Then I'll figure the other stuff out.

Thanks for the interest.

·
12,984 Posts
If your going to trade it in on a Vic.
I would pull the tour pack and the hydraulic clutch.
You can use them on new bike or sell them outright and I bet it wouldn't change your trade in price

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Traded the bike for a Magnum.

I'll be selling

the XR fairing with the long ride shield and air deflectors. It's got a couple of scratches in it that cannot be buffed out by hand but because the color goes all the way thru you don't notice them much. They could be filled or perhaps removed with a high speed buffer.
$500

a set of chrome windshield hardware (I had planned to set up a low tinted shield and never got around to it)
$150

Some chrome ness passenger pegs never used
$25

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Traded the bike for a Magnum.

I'll be selling

the XR fairing with the long ride shield and air deflectors. It's got a couple of scratches in it that cannot be buffed out by hand but because the color goes all the way thru you don't notice them much. They could be filled or perhaps removed with a high speed buffer.
$500

a set of chrome windshield hardware (I had planned to set up a low tinted shield and never got around to it)
$150

Some chrome ness passenger pegs never used
$25
Hey myvic, hard to tell on your pic but are the air deflectors attached to the side of your fairing? If so, where did you get them?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey myvic, hard to tell on your pic but are the air deflectors attached to the side of your fairing? If so, where did you get them?
They are HD brand. Don't remember the part number. I'll take a better pic and post it Tuesday evening when I get home.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts