Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my stock bars with bars that are about 2'' longer. I know my brake hose is too short, my question is how long is my stock front brake hose? so I know what length hose to order. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Thought the 2012 was first year with extra hose length?

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
Thought the 2012 was first year with extra hose length?
My 2011 XC worked fine with +2" bars. It wasn't until I went higher that I had to get a hose made using the existing brake line ends. Probably should have made them longer than +4" because it's a tight fit. A +5" or even +6" would have been better. Going to some Victory mini apes so it won't be a problem then.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
According to the Victory instructions for their +2" pullback bars, 2012 and newer Cross bikes do not need longer lines/cables but 2011 and older need a +2" brake line. Your bars were not the Victory +2" so maybe that is why your brake line fit or maybe Victory's instructions are wrong. The OP did not specify which +2" bars he was installing so that makes it harder for us to help him.

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
It has been years since I did the Ness modular bar swap so it's possible I rerouted the line so I didn't need to buy a new one or have it extended like I did with the taller bars.

I say try it first to see if it works then make a decision. That's what I did with the taller bars.

It would probably be a good idea to research your given area to find someone who does these extensions. In my case it was a radiator shop.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I have installed three of the Victory +2" pullback bars on 2012 XCT bikes and all the lines and cables were VERY tight afterwards. I could not have gone another 1/2" in extension of the cables/lines. However, I followed the instructions and did not reroute anything. The instructions did say that a couple of cable ties had to be replaced and some of the lines/cables had to no longer go in the original cable ties. If the 2011 and prior model years had a shorter brake line, then I can understand why the instructions for the Victory +2" pullback bars clearly state that for 2011 and prior model years, a longer brake line is needed. However, I never looked for any rerouting possibilities as this was not necessary (barely) on the three that I have done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts