Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
its either trike it or sell. dont want to trike it. limited early red.
EVERY option plus 3 differet w/shields,hyd clutch kit ,Ultimate
seat. 20,000 sunny day riding only rained on and washed twice.
tach,led low beam. comes with new battery in box.
always cleaned w/detailer or wax.
please call only for more info. days-815-734-4033
eves-815-734-4906. wife cell-81985-2077

irv toms --mt morris,il pics availahttp://www.victoryforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=178818&thumb=1ble.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
That sounds like you HAVE to do that for health reasons--my sympathies Irv, if that's the case. You really fixed her up, took good care of her and now someone is going to get a very nice XR. Good luck to you.
Do you need help posting photos?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sorry to hear that @irv. thought this would be me a couple months ago, so i can feel it. Shoot me a PM if you want to part it down. I've kinda been wanting a tach. If not, that's cool too. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Why not trike it?

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
liked the csc best. but we both hate their muffler
noise. rode a fellas cct with one. nice ride,sucked
in the noise dept. looked at all others. csc still looks
best.the reason for trying to sell it is i dont want to dump
it with my less than great redone knees. i love this bike
but wife is concerned. she is always on the back. so
far so good this year though. the way my luck goes
i wont get rid of it. had thought about a can am rt s
or limited. cant stretch out on these but the ride is super.

·
Registered
132 Posts
liked the csc best. but we both hate their muffler
noise. rode a fellas cct with one. nice ride,sucked
in the noise dept. looked at all others. csc still looks
best.the reason for trying to sell it is i dont want to dump
it with my less than great redone knees. i love this bike
but wife is concerned. she is always on the back. so
far so good this year though. the way my luck goes
i wont get rid of it. had thought about a can am rt s
or limited. cant stretch out on these but the ride is super.
Slingshot!

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Can't you just change the mufflers on the CSC?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Slingshot!
Crazee: the Slingshot looks like a lot of fun, all right. As an older guy like Irv (I'm assuming), and one who's probably going to get a new hip over the 2016/17 winter, I have this to say:

I sat in a Slingshot at my local dealer. Getting down there was bad enough, but getting back out was a major undertaking for me, what with the side rails and the extremely low height. I pronounce the Slingshot fit only for younger, agile, and more nimble folks.

Me, if the knees, ankles, and hips can't take a full dresser any more, I believe my next ride will be the Spyder F3 or possibly a Piaggio 500cc MP3.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Crazee: the Slingshot looks like a lot of fun, all right. As an older guy like Irv (I'm assuming), and one who's probably going to get a new hip over the 2016/17 winter, I have this to say:

I sat in a Slingshot at my local dealer. Getting down there was bad enough, but getting back out was a major undertaking for me, what with the side rails and the extremely low height. I pronounce the Slingshot fit only for younger, agile, and more nimble folks.

Me, if the knees, ankles, and hips can't take a full dresser any more, I believe my next ride will be the Spyder F3 or possibly a Piaggio 500cc MP3.

I'm likely looking at a new hip [trying other things currently] But I don't see where the three wheels would help. It's the sitting [on] the motorcycle that gets too me. I can mount/dismount from the right side without as much pain. But my "seat-time" has been greatly reduced.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I'm likely looking at a new hip [trying other things currently] But I don't see where the three wheels would help. It's the sitting [on] the motorcycle that gets too me. I can mount/dismount from the right side without as much pain. But my "seat-time" has been greatly reduced.
Well, it's different for me. I have no trouble sitting, but what bothers me is bringing my leg up from the ground, onto the floor board. Something that doesn't require that I put my leg/foot down at stops would largely eliminate this problem. I also worry about my leg buckling, while just holding the bike up at a stop.

I'm trying other things, too: just had my second cortisone shot yesterday, in fact.

It's a bitch to get old ... except for the being retired part, with lots of free time.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Yeah, I get you on the getting in and out, I have a Corvette that can, at times,at 66 yo be a challenge to get in and out of.

If you don't run you rust.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Good luck on the sale irv. Always sucks but generally inevitable unfortunately. I've been thinking about life after 2 wheels and if there's something like this leaning 3 wheeler available at a price most us can afford; then I will just continue riding but if not; another sports car would likely be in my future so I can at least get my wind fix.

With its unique tilt/steering system sorted, Terracraft's Supertrike hits the market

Loz Blain April 17, 2016
34 pictures
Inventor James "Wes" Abbott takes to the track in the Terracraft SuperTrike (Credit: Terracraft). View gallery (34 images)

Tilting three-wheelers are becoming more common, but there's nothing out there like this. Terracraft's SuperTrike gives you a pair of handlebars to control steering, but the tilt angle is chosen by an intelligent CoPilot computer system that keeps the cabin perfectly level over all sorts of undulations that would tilt a regular car around, and leans the trike into corners for a more aggressive and less nausea-inducing cornering experience. Now that the tilt/steering system is tested and proven, Terracraft is announcing it's ready to accept orders. Gizmag spoke with Terracraft's James "Wes" Abbott.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hope you don't have to sell it IRV. Us "original" XR guys are starting to disappear on this forum. You have taken better care of you XR than I have, mine seems to be ridden in the rain more than it has the sunshine! I just crept into my 40's a few months back so hopefully I'll have a long way to go before I have to quit riding 2 wheels. A good friend of mine who's dad goes on trips with us had to recently give up his goldwing due to arthritis. He traded the goldwing in for a silverwing and has been very happy with it and plans on riding with us this summer.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't you just change the mufflers on the CSC?
everyone else uses the stock stuff.csc provides
their own made from supertrapp components.
very small and NO room for anything else.
believe me , ive tried.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope you don't have to sell it IRV. Us "original" XR guys are starting to disappear on this forum. You have taken better care of you XR than I have, mine seems to be ridden in the rain more than it has the sunshine! I just crept into my 40's a few months back so hopefully I'll have a long way to go before I have to quit riding 2 wheels. A good friend of mine who's dad goes on trips with us had to recently give up his goldwing due to arthritis. He traded the goldwing in for a silverwing and has been very happy with it and plans on riding with us this summer.
we also have 2 honda metropolitans. no touble
there:grin :grin

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well, it's different for me. I have no trouble sitting, but what bothers me is bringing my leg up from the ground, onto the floor board. Something that doesn't require that I put my leg/foot down at stops would largely eliminate this problem. I also worry about my leg buckling, while just holding the bike up at a stop.

I'm trying other things, too: just had my second cortisone shot yesterday, in fact.

It's a bitch to get old ... except for the being retired part, with lots of free time.

Man...I hear ya on the not "trusting" my left leg.

I have had cortisone, Glucosamine & medical O-zone, as well as {PRP} [platelet rich plasma] injections. They all hurt like hell, and none did any good....:frown

Not sure what my next step will be. ? Really do not want surgery , and do not want to become dependent on pain meds either...

You are correct.....getting old is a bitch.

Good luck with yours !!!

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
RGP, what's your objection to surgery? The ones I have had all had marvelous results. Short of that, have you tried chiropractic and/or acupuncture?

·
Registered
483 Posts
RGP, what's your objection to surgery? The ones I have had all had marvelous results. Short of that, have you tried chiropractic and/or acupuncture?
Have tried both Chiro, and acupuncture ...short term [brief] relief only.

As for surgery, I just don't like the idea of it, and I'm single, no family & no local close friends [at least not close enough to baby sit me] and the doc requires 10 day minimum convalescent home time.

Heard so many horror stories about them [people come out sicker than when they went in] , that I just do not want to go,...if it can at all be avoided.

I may have to give in ?...but I will exhaust all other options first.

·
Registered
483 Posts
"I have had all had marvelous results. "

If I'm not being to nosy ? Care to share your results ?

I have a friend in California who had it done [due to injury] complete success. But ! he does not have arthritis....his doc told him that does make a difference.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
"I have had all had marvelous results. "

If I'm not being to nosy ? Care to share your results ?

I have a friend in California who had it done [due to injury] complete success. But ! he does not have arthritis....his doc told him that does make a difference.
I've had back surgery after decades of back pain and from that day, no more back pain. I also had two surgeries for my cancer - one cracking my chest open. Literally a life saver.
Anyone getting surgery, or if you know any one who is, tell them to tell their surgeon they want the Portland Protocol post op. It promotes very rapid and pain free healing. I was off pain meds five days after my chest was opened. Yes, its that good.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts