Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I sent this ad to someone interested.
Its a great looking XR and a nice deal, good luck with the sale.

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
I'm going to let some air out of the rear shock, and see if I can get the seat down a little lower, and see if that helps with the weight of the bike. The only time I'm having trouble is when I put my foot out at intersections.
Only time you feel the weight of a bike is trying to pick it up off the ground, something we all try to avoid.
How tall are you mate?
This could be a valid case for a lowering link to get your fine machine down a coupla inches and give a feeling of security.
Hope you can hang in and keep riding one way or another.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I am 5'8", but only have a 28" inseam. I already have a 1.5" lowering link installed on the bike. I considered maybe changing over to a 2" link. Every bit helps. I don't have as much strength in my legs/hips as I did before hip surgery last year.

Thank you all for the help & advice. I would love to keep riding this bike, and not have to buy something smaller & lighter...
Give the hip awhile to heal, I broke mine 2 years ago and its just feeling about 70% now. Keep the bike you will be fine.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I had a torn labrum. It's well healed, but I have arthritis that's not going away. That, and very short legs is the problem.

I have an inflamed labrum, as well as arthritis[not just in my hips] But that is my main source of pain @ the time...I do not want the THR surgery. I am looking into alternatives such as stem cell procedure. If I do decide on it, and have it done ? I will post about it here, just so others will be aware.

I have heard +/- about both surgical & non-surgical methods & procedures . ....Damn hard to decide just what to do....

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Maybe a Vegas or an Octane even would be a lot more manageable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts