Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Holding off on sale for now.

Second cortisone shot seemed to help a bit. I managed to lower the backrest 1.5", and it's a little easier to get on & off bike. :smile

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Sorry to hear about your hip issue. I haven't ridden an Octane or Scout but I hear really great things about them! Who ever ends up with your bike is getting a great deal! All those goodies and low mileage!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
I appreciate you on this forum as well. I want an Indian but after being on this forum, I feel like I would be a traitor if I bought one!!! 😳

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Good luck on the sale, Scooter. Nice looking bike.

Where did you find those cast wheels? I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of my wire wheels simply due to the need to run tubes. Rear wheel is at the shop now getting a new tire and tube due to picking up a screw. Luckily, it happened close to home and no big deal, but if that had been my wife and I on a long trip, I'd be up a creek with no way to repair the tube.

·
Registered
530 Posts
unless i am mistaken, those are the stock rims for the crossroads. honestly, it was the only reason i went with the crossroads instead of the crossroads classic or LE. I love the look of the LE, but I wanted the hard bags (not difficult to swap out) and i didn't want to deal with the spoked rims.. I had those on an old '76 Sportster and absolutely hated them...

but you can find those rims on ebay and online all the time, specially with a lot of people going to custom billet rims and larger front wheels..

·
Registered
132 Posts
unless i am mistaken, those are the stock rims for the crossroads. honestly, it was the only reason i went with the crossroads instead of the crossroads classic or LE. I love the look of the LE, but I wanted the hard bags (not difficult to swap out) and i didn't want to deal with the spoked rims.. I had those on an old '76 Sportster and absolutely hated them...

but you can find those rims on ebay and online all the time, specially with a lot of people going to custom billet rims and larger front wheels..
You are correct, those are the OEM/ Vic wheels/rims

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Good luck on the sale, Scooter. Nice looking bike.

Where did you find those cast wheels? I'm seriously thinking about getting rid of my wire wheels simply due to the need to run tubes. Rear wheel is at the shop now getting a new tire and tube due to picking up a screw. Luckily, it happened close to home and no big deal, but if that had been my wife and I on a long trip, I'd be up a creek with no way to repair the tube.

NC why replace the tire due to a screw when your running a tube? Why wouldn't you be able to repair a tube on a road trip? Is there no motorcycle shops where you travel?

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
NC why replace the tire due to a screw when your running a tube? Why wouldn't you be able to repair a tube on a road trip? Is there no motorcycle shops where you travel?
It was a BIG screw and the guy at the shop...whom I trust completely, said that a screw that large would likely separate the belts in the tire and best to replace it.

A great deal of the time we ride way-back country roads where a repair shop would be difficult to find. I'd prefer to be able to cram a plug in the tire, air it up and ride to the nearest shop and evaluate the situation more closely. I do carry slime for tube tires with me, but have absolutely no idea whether or not it works. I'd try it in a pinch, but who knows.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Scooter, that is a beautiful motorcycle! I really hope she finds a good home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts