Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2011 Cross Roads Throttle Body

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  philmonger 
#1 ·
Hey All,
This past winter I had the unfortunate luck of a mouse getting into the intake, tearing up the air filter and wreaking havoc on the throttle body. He got in there real good as you can see from the pictures. Anyway, long story short I pulled the throttle body and bought a new one, but didn't think i'd have so much trouble getting the new one in.

With that said, it's finally in, but I notice the gaskets on the top and bottom pushed out a little bit no matter how many times I tried to get it straight. Is that going to cause any serious issues? I've put everything back together, and after that nightmare I'm not looking forward to taking it out again. I can't seem to think that air would be leaking in there in any way still. In fact, in pulling the original out, I don't recall a lower gasket even being there. I tried to oil it up to slide it in there, but looks like it still got caught up and pushed out.

Has anyone done had these issues before?

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
They are crafty little buggers. I've seen them get into some pretty tight spaces, once he chewed threw the air filter, the rest of the frame was fair game.... including the throttle body. Regardless it's been replaced. Figures after the fact that i found the service manual afterward.

If i do have to pull it, it should be a lot easier this time. I didn't realize the top intake could be pushed into the frame more to create more room. i'm assuming bolting it back together pulls it back down.

#5 ·
Spray around the gaskets with WD40 or equivalent and listen for drop in rpms at idle.

#8 ·
If there is no food like cat food dog food bird food and so on you shouldn't get mice.
They say Bounce fabric softener keeps them away

#9 ·
Ultra sonic devices work great for keeping rodents away. The dry sheets are effective for only a few days. Try something like these. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QF1HB7L/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1[/ame]
I use ultrasonic devices in my garage and they really work.

Attachments

#11 ·
My brother had that happen to his Wing. Shop vac'd it out and sprayed some carb cleaner in. No issues in 3 years since. Personally, I put poison in the garage......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.