Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all that brag about Victory I'm not seeing it. Road Harleys for 25 years and yes had issues at times but fixed them and life was good. Well decided to branch out and bought a 2011 Cross Roads low miles. I know now why it has low miles, it's always broken. From a fuel pump that cost with hose $485.00 and they have a TSB for product failure to the compensator coming apart, ECM failing to now the clutch basket ears breaking off where the snap ring holds the disc in, this has to be a Chines P.O.S. I have not road this thing even 5,000 miles to experience all this chaos. Think it's time to light up the tank and stop spending good money on a bad product. Know why Victory is gone again.....

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
To all that brag about Victory I'm not seeing it. Road Harleys for 25 years and yes had issues at times but fixed them and life was good. Well decided to branch out and bought a 2011 Cross Roads low miles. I know now why it has low miles, it's always broken. From a fuel pump that cost with hose $485.00 and they have a TSB for product failure to the compensator coming apart, ECM failing to now the clutch basket ears breaking off where the snap ring holds the disc in, this has to be a Chines P.O.S. I have not road this thing even 5,000 miles to experience all this chaos. Think it's time to light up the tank and stop spending good money on a bad product. Know why Victory is gone again.....
When you do light it up, please capture it all on video.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but you are most definitely in the minority here. I'm currently at almost 50,000 miles since brand new. Many here have wayyy more than that.
How recently have you bought that Cross Roads, and how many miles were on it when you bought it?

·
Registered
530 Posts
hey Troll, go post your drivel on the harley website and pump each other up with the other loyalists to the MoCo. There are plenty of us with CrossRoads that love them and have no issues. Guess if we can judge an entire brand by one bike, then HD must be the biggest piece of crap on the road because my '76 Sportster was broken down in pieces more than it was together and on the road....
My XR is the second victory I have owned and aside from a small issue with the Speedo, both victories have been more reliable than any other Harley I have owned or ridden. so blow it out your exhaust pipe brother.

better yet, let me know where and when to bring the trailer to take that disappointment off your hands..... ya know, since its not worth anything to you....

·
Registered
694 Posts
His first post! "1" take a guess why he joined? Troll.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
You have a little residual bullshit there at the corner of your mouth...
If the bike is such a POS you should give it to me and be rid of it.
hey I already called dibs on it!
lol wanna split it? :devil

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I don't know, but maybe this guy bought a motorcycle that someone had already screwed up. I've seen a lot of scooters totally screwed by people working on them that had know idea of what they were doing.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I don't know, but maybe this guy bought a motorcycle that someone had already screwed up. I've seen a lot of scooters totally screwed by people working on them that had know idea of what they were doing.
That could very well be true, but it doesn't mean Victory (and all their bikes) are to blame as he implied.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Joint Custody? I get it every other weekend?
and holidays... i would even be willing to ride down to get it and ride it back to you. :devil

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have almost 110000 miles on my 2012 xr and no major problems changed belt and rear pulley and changed fork oil around 94-95000 miles and still running strong
Oh and changed battery

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have almost 110000 miles on my 2012 xr and no major problems changed belt and rear pulley and changed fork oil around 94-95000 miles and still running strong
Oh and changed battery
what!?! you actually had to change some parts that wear with time and environmental conditions?!?!? jeez say it ain't so! must be another one of those lemons! I am opening my heart and garage to anyone who has one of these problem machines that needs a new home... i will love it like my own... gonna call the garage the Island of Mizfit Toyz...
:devil:devil:devil

·
Premium Member
4,872 Posts
My bike is a big piece of **** too... but in fairness, I've only had it for 12 years, so it's too soon to tell if I like it or not. The voltage regulator failed on me like 3 times, so I put a Harley regulator on it. It works great, but now the bike leaks oil.

The thing will probably fly apart any second, since it's making 78% more power than stock, and I've been waiting for it to grenade for years. Whenever I'm 500 miles from home I worry that local law enforcement won't be as forgiving as the ones at home and break my wallet.

Speaking of the clutch being junk, when I rebuilt the transmission and made the engine bigger at 94,000 miles, I realized that the clutch was the original that came in the bike from the factory and just had a stiffer spring added... so I decided to leave it in there, since I'm too cheap to replace something that works fine. So far, it still holds the 144 ft-lbs of torque, but the clutch hub is probably on it's last leg and I don't expect more than another 50-60 thousand miles out of it.

It's such a pile of crap that out of the 4 drag racing events I entered with it, although I was fastest qualifier 3 out of the 4 times, it would only get me second place three times and I only won prize money once. Junk, I tell ya! The only bikes I could beat were cheap Chinese bikes like this one... It's a cute little bike, but the poor guy just didn't pack a big enough lunch, so back on the trailer it went.

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
My bike is a big piece of **** too... but in fairness, I've only had it for 12 years, so it's too soon to tell if I like it or not. The voltage regulator failed on me like 3 times, so I put a Harley regulator on it. It works great, but now the bike leaks oil.

The thing will probably fly apart any second, since it's making 78% more power than stock, and I've been waiting for it to grenade for years. Whenever I'm 500 miles from home I worry that local law enforcement won't be as forgiving as the ones at home and break my wallet.

Speaking of the clutch being junk, when I rebuilt the transmission and made the engine bigger at 94,000 miles, I realized that the clutch was the original that came in the bike from the factory and just had a stiffer spring added... so I decided to leave it in there, since I'm too cheap to replace something that works fine. So far, it still holds the 144 ft-lbs of torque, but the clutch hub is probably on it's last leg and I don't expect more than another 50-60 thousand miles out of it.

It's such a pile of crap that out of the 4 drag racing events I entered with it, although I was fastest qualifier 3 out of the 4 times, it would only get me second place three times and I only won prize money once. Junk, I tell ya! The only bikes I could beat were cheap Chinese bikes like this one... It's a cute little bike, but the poor guy just didn't pack a big enough lunch, so back on the trailer it went.
i've heard that if you add a couple harley logos, wear a harley shirt, and put a couple of those fun stickers on your bike that say stuff like "if you can read this, the bitch fell off" that it will add horsepower, decrease drag, and shave minutes off your quarter mile time.... with the hop up stuff like that you could even take some of the sportier crotch rockets from Japan!! :devil

1 - 20 of 29 Posts