Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally took the plunge. I'm trading in my 2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom and my 2006 Harley Davidson Road King Custom for a 2011 Cross Roads.

I was checking out the bikes at Dick Scotts motorcycles with some friends when I saw a 2010 and fell in love with it. As sort of a whim I talked to Terry there about trading in my two bikes and the idea became a reality over the next few weeks.

I'm on vacation the last week in September, so I'm hoping the XR will arrive by then.

I'm getting the following items on it:

Standard Windscreen ($550 is a bit of a gouge, even after getting used to HD parts, OUCH!)
Lock and Ride passenger backrest with luggage rack
passenger side grips
hard bags
chrome hard bag lid rails
heel shifter

Does anyone know if the bike will come with a magnetic drain plug?

I'm skipping the highway bars and highway pegs. From my test drive on a 2011 XC I think there was plenty of room on the floorboards to stay comfortable for a long ride. I can always add them later if I wish.

I thought I'd be more sad to see them go, but I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve instead. 41 years old and too excited about a new toy that I can't sleep!

Here are some links to my (soon to be) old bikes:

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k24/Arctic_Badger/FLHRSI 2006/

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k24/Arctic_Badger/Harley/

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Skipping the highway bars??? If you are talking about the crash bars. The highway/crash bars are not an option on the bikes they are OEM from the factory.

If you don't want it sell it!! Don't throw away good money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to check with the dealer again on this. My understanding was the 2011's come with nothing on them but the leather bags. Everything else is extra. Even the build-a-bike on the web site has the round crash bars listing as an extra for $349. For that kind've money I can wait to see if I need them or not.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
For that kind've money I can wait to see if I need them or not.
They are an option for the 2011 models (were not an option on the 2010).

If you wait to see if you need 'em or not, you mean you're going to wait and see if the bike gets dropped or not, and then get 'em? :) I'm just kidding - I guess you're looking at them from a styling point only, and you're not planning to drop your new scoot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts