Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I need to sell my scoot.... It has about 16.5k miles. The victory performance air filter and gutted stock pipes. I'm thinking about putting it up for $13k to $14k..... Am I asking too much?

·
Registered
265 Posts
So you are aware, you can buy a new one right now, with the 5 year warrantee, for about $13K at many dealerships. If you need to sell now, you might not get much over $10K. Check out Cycle Trader and eBay to find the price of new ones. Also, since you don't have ABS, that will hurt your resale also.

I do wish you the best of luck in your sale.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I think you are asking too much but if you can sit on it long enough at that price you may find a buyer. I bought my 2011 new with alot of extras in that price range and if you can find any 2012's still sitting around they will go for that price as well with a few extras.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine has the mid-height windshield, the highway bars, and the bag protectors as well as the 5 year warrantee. The only thing I can think of that is holding me down on price is the lack of ABS.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
It looks like I need to sell my scoot.... It has about 16.5k miles. The victory performance air filter and gutted stock pipes. I'm thinking about putting it up for $13k to $14k..... Am I asking too much?
Yea, you are asking WAY too much. Market price (with options like yours) for a Cross Roads is between $10K and $12K. I haven't seen a single one go for more than $12K. $14K is Cross Country $'s.

You DID ask so here is a used (one year NEWER) 2012 XR with a fraction of your miles where they are ASKING $12,499 and you KNOW they will probably take at LEAST $1K less than that...
http://www.chopperexchange.com/ForSale/Victory/Cross_Roads/380543

Here is a '11 XC with only 6K miles on it that SOLD for what you want to ask for your XR
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Victory-Cross-Country-2011-Victory-Cross-Country-Tour-/290953005555?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item43be2689f3&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1022

PS - I may be in a similar situation as I will probably be putting my '11 Ness XC up for sale as well. I know that '11 XC's are (lucky) to get even $15K but I am hopeful that the exclusivity of the Ness bikes will bump my value significantly over those other bikes.. so when I do put mine out there, I WILL (also) be asking what many will think is an insane amount for it so all I can say is "Good luck" and try to sell it locally. Internet buyers are like the scavenger's of the sea (which is why you see '11 XR's selling on eBay for $10K

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I bought my XR about 6 months ago.It has the XR fairing, billet wheels,highway bars, CC seat, pullback bars,5 year extended wArranty, stage 1 exhaust,Lloyd's air cleaner,etc. I paid $11,500.
So I would say your price point will be optimistic at best.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Wow! Did you buy the XR's for less than the 8ball? Way to go!

I traded the HD on the 8 Ball last Oct, but the wife was just not happy. It is a 2011 and had 1700 miles. Then I took the demo ride on a X bike and wife was sold on the ride. Found mine 350 miles away. Guy was tring to sell it for what he owed and he had only taken 3 short trips with it, so I bought it as an upgrade and was going to sell the KP. I am just not in a big hurry to sell.............. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the honest feedback, y'all. I'll play it by ear for a while and see how things pan out.

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts