Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finished this 2011 Jackpot project @ a month ago and FINALLY rode it for the very first time on the 27th of April. Now my story, I bought this new motorcycle off of a local dealer and have NEVER had a bike before, fact is I rode a harley sportster for 5 min back in 82. So this has been a new hobby. Along with several vendors such as Polaris, Lloyds, Ginz, and Witchdoctor of Ohio - I have put this project to a very happy completion. Everything that can be chromed is, no bolts can be seen, polished this and that, etc. You can see it all in the pics. I bought it in November brand new, tore is all apart, put it back together and finally rode it after researching and researching. Got my Permit ( missed 4 out of 40 :) ), going for the riders course next and endorsement.

Again....yes I bought a brand new JAckpot, never rode it, trailered it home, tore it all apart over 5 months, put it all back together and finally am enjoying it :ltr:

This "hobby" is absolutely undescribable. All I want is weather and time to ride man. It is a dangerous sport, gotta look out for others who do not look out for you constantly. Rode 7 times for 2 hours or more each and have already been ran off the rode by an old lady !!

Anyway this Forum has helped me a LOT, and a special tip of the hat to my friend Keith Stewart who took time to work with me on that first ride ! To those who have took time to answer my concerns and questions - thumb up

Later

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I finished this 2011 Jackpot project @ a month ago and FINALLY rode it for the very first time on the 27th of April. Now my story, I bought this new motorcycle off of a local dealer and have NEVER had a bike before, fact is I rode a harley sportster for 5 min back in 82. So this has been a new hobby. Along with several vendors such as Polaris, Lloyds, Ginz, and Witchdoctor of Ohio - I have put this project to a very happy completion. Everything that can be chromed is, no bolts can be seen, polished this and that, etc. You can see it all in the pics. I bought it in November brand new, tore is all apart, put it back together and finally rode it after researching and researching. Got my Permit ( missed 4 out of 40 :) ), going for the riders course next and endorsement.

Again....yes I bought a brand new JAckpot, never rode it, trailered it home, tore it all apart over 5 months, put it all back together and finally am enjoying it :ltr:

This "hobby" is absolutely undescribable. All I want is weather and time to ride man. It is a dangerous sport, gotta look out for others who do not look out for you constantly. Rode 7 times for 2 hours or more each and have already been ran off the rode by an old lady !!

Anyway this Forum has helped me a LOT, and a special tip of the hat to my friend Keith Stewart who took time to work with me on that first ride ! To those who have took time to answer my concerns and questions - thumb up

Later
I like your taste, bike looks fantastic.

I hope you plan on attending a rider's course that provides a motorcycle. It might be a bit of a handful to get the JP around all the cones, especially since that kinda thing will be new to you. Bike is too purdy to get all dinged up right off the bat.

Best of luck with your new and addictive hobby!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No sirs, the motorcycle course provides a smaller more nible bike. You are correct this is a Hoss !

Later

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, I set out with a goal and it's met, it's where I want it. It's what I think a motorcycle should look and feel like. thumb up

later

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice job!!! I see you got the Brakeaway installed thumb up
And BTW, Witchdoctors sells a rear pulley that will match those Anvil wheels ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts