Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Send us pics of your connector so we both know for sure.
Is the tach you have gonna fit our 2011 Vegas?
Here's a few pictures of the tach and
Are you referring to the first pic I posted?
Or the pics in the thread I then posted the link to?
Need you to be specific.
Here are a few pictures of the tach and connector on the tach I bought. This is a CAN Bus connector and in no way will it work with the my 2008 Kingpin. The picture you posted is what's in the headlight bucket of my 08. Notice there is "No"
IMG_4176 (1).jpg
IMG_4191.jpg
IMG_4192.jpg
IMG_4196.jpg
IMG_4197.jpg
Over Drive light on the tach I bought
Victory Part No. 2877652
I can't say if it'll fit your 2011 Vegas but if you can cross reference that part number that might give you the answer.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Here's a few pictures of the tach and

Here are a few pictures of the tach and connector on the tach I bought. This is a CAN Bus connector and in no way will it work with the my 2008 Kingpin. The picture you posted is what's in the headlight bucket of my 08. Notice there is "No" View attachment 252863 View attachment 252864 View attachment 252865 View attachment 252866 View attachment 252867 Over Drive light on the tach I bought
Victory Part No. 2877652
I can't say if it'll fit your 2011 Vegas but if you can cross reference that part number that might give you the answer.
View attachment 252863 View attachment 252864 View attachment 252866 View attachment 252867 View attachment 252865
Yes it looks the same connector from memory and the pics on my other link.
Would you entertain the idea of a swap if it we're logistically possible?

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Ok I'll talk to Scotty about it
Pics are on that link I posted before.
What's the diameter of the hole in the tach bracket?
That'll tell me wether or not it's gonna fit the bracket we made up.
Is your tach and speedo same diameters?.
We discovered Scotty's 2011 speedo isn't the same size as my 2010 speedo and the 2010 XR tach is smaller still...hence me doing a cut n shut with both brackets .
So please measure diameter of both speedo and tach bracket holes where the gauges fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok I'll talk to Scotty about it
Pics are on that link I posted before.
What's the diameter of the hole in the tach bracket?
That'll tell me wether or not it's gonna fit the bracket we made up.
Is your tach and speedo same diameters?.
We discovered Scotty's 2011 speedo isn't the same size as my 2010 speedo and the 2010 XR tach is smaller still...hence me doing a cut n shut with both brackets .
So please measure diameter of both speedo and tach bracket holes where the gauges fit.
The Diameter of the holes in the bracket are both 3 3/8".
The Outside Diameter of the Tach is 3 5/8"
There is a rubber piece that fits in the bracket that is used as an isolator and or seal to keep water out. That rubber piece takes up the difference of diameters of the tach and the bracket. You can see all the pieces in the photos I posted.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Ok thanks I'll do some research and checking and measuring.
Would you do a swap if we both had what the other wanted?
Each person liable for their outgoing shipping charges.
There'd be a lot of trust involved too in such a venture.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
According to the instruction sheet we got with the tach the part number is the same

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
According to the instruction sheet we got with the tach the part number is the same
I know the tach I received is old new stock from Victory Only. They are a very reputable company but I’m guessing that the tach was inadvertently put in the wrong box before V.O. took possession of it. Only my guess but there would be no benefit to switching it for the wrong tach.
One thing I’ll need is pictures of your friends tach along with measurements of the diameter of the face of tach and of every item you’ll be shipping. As I understand, only the tach Is what your wanting.
Yes I know that the trust factor would be very high if we did a swap. For your benefit to prove I’m trustworthy I would be willing to send you my tach to let you see if it’s what you want before you send me your tach.
There would be no risk on your part. You’d pay for the shipping either to return my tach if it’s not what you wanted or for the shipping to send me your friends tach. This is only a suggestion. Perhaps we could talk privately about this somehow.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I know the tach I received is old new stock from Victory Only. They are a very reputable company but I’m guessing that the tach was inadvertently put in the wrong box before V.O. took possession of it. Only my guess but there would be no benefit to switching it for the wrong tach.
One thing I’ll need is pictures of your friends tach along with measurements of the diameter of the face of tach and of every item you’ll be shipping. As I understand, only the tach Is what your wanting.
Yes I know that the trust factor would be very high if we did a swap. For your benefit to prove I’m trustworthy I would be willing to send you my tach to let you see if it’s what you want before you send me your tach.
There would be no risk on your part. You’d pay for the shipping either to return my tach if it’s not what you wanted or for the shipping to send me your friends tach. This is only a suggestion. Perhaps we could talk privately about this somehow.
That sounds very honourable on your part,
First we need be ascertain without any doubt that we both have exactly what the other needs.
I'll get Scotty to bring his Vegas to my workshop and we will get detailed pics of vital measurements and connections with the ruler or tape in the pic.
I know the XR tach is a smaller diameter than the 2011 Vegas Speedo and also note that the said Speedo is different diameter to my 2010 Vegas.
I had to cut up Scotty's original speedo bracket as well as the XR tach bracket and might weld them together
So there's a chance we may need each other's brackets as well, or I may need to fabricate another.
We will know more with further investigation on everyone's part.
Hopefully everyone will come out smiling.
I've personally been on this forum over 7 years and gained friendship and trust with people on here, done seals, had parts sent to me and such , I'm sure members on here I've known a long time will vouch for my integrity.
As I found the tach on eBay, brand new and suggested Scotty buy it, then fitted it all up for him
only to discover the wiring systems incompatible I feel responsible to some degree for the stuff up.
Hopefully I can put it right.
I'll PM you my email and cellphone number and we can communicate off forum if you like.
Chris aka Motorbikerx.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That sounds very honourable on your part,
First we need be ascertain without any doubt that we both have exactly what the other needs.
I'll get Scotty to bring his Vegas to my workshop and we will get detailed pics of vital measurements and connections with the ruler or tape in the pic.
I know the XR tach is a smaller diameter than the 2011 Vegas Speedo and also note that the said Speedo is different diameter to my 2010 Vegas.
I had to cut up Scotty's original speedo bracket as well as the XR tach bracket and might weld them together
So there's a chance we may need each other's brackets as well, or I may need to fabricate another.
We will know more with further investigation on everyone's part.
Hopefully everyone will come out smiling.
I've personally been on this forum over 7 years and gained friendship and trust with people on here, done seals, had parts sent to me and such , I'm sure members on here I've known a long time will vouch for my integrity.
As I found the tach on eBay, brand new and suggested Scotty buy it, then fitted it all up for him
only to discover the wiring systems incompatible I feel responsible to some degree for the stuff up.
Hopefully I can put it right.
I'll PM you my email and cellphone number and we can communicate off forum if you like.
Chris aka Motorbikerx.
Sounds great. There is some difference in time that separates us. I live in Vernon BC Canada so let’s get the measurements and such straightened away then we’ll set up a phone call or even a zoom meeting.
I believe in people and really like to sleep at night so messing up somebody is not for me. As my Kiwi friend says “no worries mate”👍😁. Keep me posted.

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
As we Aussies say " no wucking furries mate!"
Just rang Scotty and left a message...Sold my Vegas today,
Fella test rode it, me leading on the XC , we stopped after 15 mins through the mountains, I said wadda ya reckon?
He said I'll buy it! No need to ride any further let's ride back.
I'm just on one last ride up the mountains and should get HCs old Yella Kingpin in my hands midweek ...
That'll be a great day and a great ride!

Attachments

21 - 31 of 31 Posts