Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added the LEDs front and rear. Along with the MBM load equalizer box. What I see is the turnsignals blick normal for the right and left, and the Hazard lights work normal - BUT when I use the right or left turnsignal, the speedo display has BOTH arrows blinking - like the hazards are on. So, if I use the left TS, both arrows blink, If I use the right, both arrows blink.

Anyone know the answer ?

LAter:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I added the LEDs front and rear. Along with the MBM load equalizer box. What I see is the turnsignals blick normal for the right and left, and the Hazard lights work normal - BUT when I use the right or left turnsignal, the speedo display has BOTH arrows blinking - like the hazards are on. So, if I use the left TS, both arrows blink, If I use the right, both arrows blink.

Anyone know the answer ?

LAter:rolleyes:
I know you said the blinkers work fine for both left and right. Did you check to make sure they work fine in the front as well as in the back?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I turn on the left TS - The left front and rear blink. Both arrows blink. I turn on the Right TS and the front and rear blink, both arrows blink

I am going out right now and cutting the MBW load eq loose and see what happens.

Later

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Yes, I turn on the left TS - The left front and rear blink. Both arrows blink. I turn on the Right TS and the front and rear blink, both arrows blink

I am going out right now and cutting the MBW load eq loose and see what happens.

Later
Yeah, you might not need them in the first place, as I believe your bike comes with LED turn signals (but I'm not positive). The hazard indicator could be telling you that one of your bulbs is out. This can be a side-effect of the equalizers. Try it without.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, I cut the two yellow LE wires and the TS blink super fast now. Both right and left work as they should AND both arrows on the display still blink together. :confused:

Later

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the same problem with my incandescents, the signals work fine. I just assumed when they put everything back together at the shop, the contacts were touching somewhere or something was being jumped in a place like the back of the headlight or the ecm needed to be flashed or reset. Haven't really dug into the problem but have been riding with it for weeks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, here is where I am at now....

1. I disconnected the LR-10 load equalizer. the TS still worked, but flashed real fast. The TS indicators STILL both flashed together.
2. Left the lr-10 disconnected, then disconnected the FRONT led Turnsignals. The backs still worked , but the two arrows still flashed together.
3. I hooked the front TS LEDS back up along with the LR-10 load Eq and the TS blink slower now, but the two arrow indicators still blink fast together...

Now this is all done with the Bike on ( NOT running ) and the red start button on the on position.

I may pull the flasher and replace it and see what happens. :confused:

LAter

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am now looking over the wiring diagram for my 2011 JP with the shop manual and it shows 1 wire ( db/vt ) from the flasher going to pin 6 on the speedometer. Pin 6 calls it flasher indicator out. This is what lights up the two arrows. So one wire, has to flash both arrows !!! Right

now I am beginning to believe that there never was a separate TS arrow indicator for left or right, that both arrows always flashed together, whether you were turning left or right.

am I right ? I have not had this bike long enought to ever notice if there was a single arrow flashing ! :crzy:

Later

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This has to be correct ! Look at my 2011 manual that came with the bike.....

I was thinking like a cars TS -they have separate turn indicators. This Jackpot obviousily has two arrows that flash together.

Am I right on target !!

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
hmmm.. mine never hyperflashed. the tach indicators flashed at the normal rate. just indicated that the hazards were on rather than just the left or right signals. Before I got clipped the signal indicators reflected which signals (left or right) were on. Youre on the right track that Hyperflashing is usually a sign of not enough draw. So maybe pull the flasher. I remember hearing early on that if you got the LED flasher (AMC, i think was the name it was called --auto cancelling module) then you didn't need resistors. So perhaps the module failed.

If it were me, (i'm not too bright or concerned with safety though) would get an extra led light if i have one laying around.. use some jumper leads to connect it and add some draw and see if it slows down the flashing. Warning: i'm no electrician or even close.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
This has to be correct ! Look at my 2011 manual that came with the bike.....

I was thinking like a cars TS -they have separate turn indicators. This Jackpot obviousily has two arrows that flash together.

Am I right on target !!
:ltr: Nice one. cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts