Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second Victory I have owned. I had 2005 Kingpin that the saddle bag lids that where bad, had a extended warranty that Victory would not honor. The dealer ship even confirmed the bag lids were not right when I purchased the bike. I now own a 2011 Vision and the same thing is happening with the shield panel. I have purchased several Japanese and a Harley between the two Victories. I have never had a problem with warranty claims on the Japanese or Harley bikes. Victory seems to say all the right things to get you to buy, and then dump you after the sale. Victory has just lost a customer.

·
Registered
265 Posts
From my experience, my 3rd Victory, customer service is only as good as your dealer. Ma Vic has a very hands off approach to warrantee claims, they depend on the dealers to handle most, if not all, claims. It is up to the dealers to convince them it is a good claim. Is is a good system? If you look at PII price, you could make an argument it is.

That said, sorry to hear of your disappointment. I hope you will find a good dealer to take care of you.

Ride safe.

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
This is the second Victory I have owned. I had 2005 Kingpin that the saddle bag lids that where bad...
Everybody hates bad lids. By the way, what was wrong with them? They can't just be bad...

... had a extended warranty that Victory would not honor.
Yeah, extended warranties are like that - complicated. They sound great when the salesman presents them to you - not so great when you want to use them.
The dealer ship even confirmed the bag lids were not right when I purchased the bike. I now own a 2011 Vision and the same thing is happening with the shield panel...
Sorry to hear, but what is going on with the shield panel? You said "same thing is happening" with it ... so it's bad? What's wrong with it? Give us more than just "it's bad" - maybe someone can help out with your problem, but first you gotta tell us where it hurts. :D

...Victory seems to say all the right things to get you to buy, and then dump you after the sale. Victory has just lost a customer.
Actually, that was your salesman, not Victory. There are a few things you should know, like never taking delivery of a bike (or car) that is not the way it's supposed to be. Even if the salesman promises it will be fixed, or covered by warranty, or that he/she will fix it for you. You just don't take delivery of broken merchandise, period. The salesman will say whatever it takes to get his/her commission, and you have to keep that in mind. The deal is finalized when you take physical delivery of the bike (car). Don't ever take delivery of something that's not right. Let them fix it before you take it home. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts