Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed two seperate ipod harnesses to my hard lowers for my Ipod controls, neither worked. Both harnesses had the wires reversed on the female four pin connection which attaches to the male pin in the headlight. Obviously the makers have installed the wires incorrectly. I wonder if the whole shipment is like this from our friends in China.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cables are correct. The problem is in the connection in the headlight. The bike end( male) is OK. But the female end from the optional harness has the wires backwards, just a mistake when they installed the end but it makes everything backwards. I tried a second harness from the dealer with the same results, so I traced all the wires and when I cut and reversed them everything works like it should. The 3 pin part of the harness worked as it should. It controls the volume. The four pin gives you all of the other functions fast forward skip songs and the proper display in the radio interface.

I thought I would post this I know it is confusing if your not here but it seems that maybe the whole bunch of these harnesses are all wired incorrectly.

I wanted to save other folks the same trouble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts