Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am a new member. I have a Suzuki C-90. I have been looking at the 11 Cross Country. Anyone that has tried one out how would you say they are at highway speed as for as vibration. I have not been able to find anything on this. Also has anyone been able to talk the price down? I have been trying, but they won't budge. Thanks. Joe.:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think in general the Victorys have such a lack of vibration that some riders view it as a lack of character. Appearantly some people think that if your bike doesn't rattle you to death, there is something wrong with it.

As for pricing, Fuel It demos will get you $1000 off and I had no problem picking my Cross Roads up for well under MSRP.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
New models are to hit the showrooms soon, betcha dealers will be discounting leftovers. You might want to wait for the 2012s to show up. When you have two big jugs under you, there's sure to be some vibes, but I don't find them the least bit annoying. Have done over 400 mile days with no discomfort. You're gonna love the XC, I know it. Want lighter steering and still have great weather protection? Check out the XR, unless you really want the tunes and all that. Good luck.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I found the best deals(and my bike) on cycle trader. Spend some time shopping around and make some calls, you'd be surprised at what some dealers have to offer you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I picked up my (used w/ 548 miles) 2011 XC and rode it 400 miles home the same day doing mostly highway driving. My previous bike, a Honda CBR600RR, would actually bruise my hands after 200 miles of riding from the vibration. The XC is smooth and comfortable at highway (or above) speeds I found. With cruise control on its even better!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Suzi vs. Victory

Hello everyone. I am a new member. I have a Suzuki C-90. I have been looking at the 11 Cross Country. Anyone that has tried one out how would you say they are at highway speed as for as vibration. I have not been able to find anything on this. Also has anyone been able to talk the price down? I have been trying, but they won't budge. Thanks. Joe.:
My previous ride was a C109RT. Compared to the XC, it was a torque monster, would leave a Vic in the dust. However, with the shaft drive & all that torque, the throttle was like an "on/off switch", very herky,jerky throttle response. With that aside, other than less power, I do not miss the Boulevard. It was very maintenance intensive. You will get some vibes in the handgrips at very high speeds but that is due to the solid motor mounts. The Vic is a bullet proof, low maintenance ride for sure.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. You have been a big help. If I don't make the 2011 do you think the 2012 will be the same price? I'm talking the Cross Country. Thanks. Joe.
MSRP is higher on the 2012, so you will pay more, but you will get ABS.

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Nope. The ABS adds $1000 to the price tag of the standard XC. If you're going for a full touring bike; then the XCT is the one you want. It's a very good value for all the extras it has over the XC.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I will keep looking at the 2011's. I not sure ABS is worth 1,000.00 more. I had to unhook it on my Chevy truck because some times they did not work and just about caused me to hit someone. Also came close to going thru a store front. When you applied the brakes it would ratchet and keep right on going. I like my truck better with just power brakes. Hope to talk to you more. Thanks. Joe.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I think I will keep looking at the 2011's. I not sure ABS is worth 1,000.00 more. I had to unhook it on my Chevy truck because some times they did not work and just about caused me to hit someone. Also came close to going thru a store front. When you applied the brakes it would ratchet and keep right on going. I like my truck better with just power brakes. Hope to talk to you more. Thanks. Joe.
Hurry and snatch one for a good deal before they're all gone. ;)

The one thing that will improve rider safety more than ABS and for a lower cost is an MSF riding course. Some want the ABS but don't bother with a riding class, thinking ABS will save their life.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The one thing that will improve rider safety more than ABS and for a lower cost is an MSF riding course. Some want the ABS but don't bother with a riding class, thinking ABS will save their life.

So true. Technical gizmo's will only do so much. Actually knowing how to react in a situation is worth a lot more I think.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. You have been a big help. If I don't make the 2011 do you think the 2012 will be the same price? I'm talking the Cross Country. Thanks. Joe.
Not a chance in ...well. The '11s will continue to be discounted up to $3,500 in many cases. However, you will be lucky to get any more than $1K off the '12s. Supply and demand partner. There are only so many '12s and they have ABS. If you want a bike now, you may have to find a '11 without ABS.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did find one dealer that has the black 11 marked down to 16,500.00. Bad thing he is over 2 hours away. The dealer that I have been talking to is 40 minutes from my home and he tells me that they won't be dropping price on the 11's because they are selling to well. I kind of like to deal with someone close so when you need service. I also found out that the blue ones cost 500.00 dollars more. Man that seems a lot for different color paint! He tells me he has one 11 left, but if it sells they will try to get one from another dealer. Looks like I better get with it if I want one. Are the ABS brakes the only change to the 12's? Thanks. Joe.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
ABS, colors, and special models (XCT and XRLE) are the main changes for 12's. Let your dealer stew on an offer; when he needs floor space for some 12's he should drop the price on the 11's. Can't blame him - get what you can while the gettins' good! Even at full price you still get a helluva good bike.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I here that. Can't blame them for getting as much as they can. Until then I still have the Boulevard to ride. Put so much money in it to get it like I want, then start looking for another ride. Does not make much sense. Oh well, never satisfied. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I here that. Can't blame them for getting as much as they can. Until then I still have the Boulevard to ride. Put so much money in it to get it like I want, then start looking for another ride. Does not make much sense. Oh well, never satisfied. Thanks for the info.
Joeg, I went from a 09, C50 to a 11' XC and i'll tell you it is night and day. trust me you will not be dissapointed....

the 11's are fine the way they are, keep your money for other things....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The one dealer closest to me has one 11 left and it is the blue one. 19,819.00 out the door. Wish they would come down just a little. So you really like the xc over the c50?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The one dealer closest to me has one 11 left and it is the blue one. 19,819.00 out the door. Wish they would come down just a little. So you really like the xc over the c50?
I know of at least 2 people who went from a C50 to a Cross Country
both in Canada and the USA. I still am a member at velousia riders.com site, and can say there are more than 2 that switched.

the bike handles actually better than the C50 IMO and for a bike that weighs lots more and twice the displacement from 800 cc to 1730 or whatever it is. it is truly an amazing bike.

take one for a test drive yourself. and you will see what were all talking to you about.

forget the money, you only live once, so you might as well enjoy it.

good luck and ride safe whatever you ride

1 - 20 of 36 Posts