Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy 2011 XC,
The 2011 already comes with a Stage I from the factory. So what is the Stage I the dealer is trying to sell me for $700? Is it new baffles and air filter ?? pretty expensive stage 1 for a bike that already has a stage 1 confused:confused.
:confused:

·
12,983 Posts
I'm looking to buy 2011 XC,
The 2011 already comes with a Stage I from the factory. So what is the Stage I the dealer is trying to sell me for $700? Is it new baffles and air filter ?? pretty expensive stage 1 for a bike that already has a stage 1 confused:confused.
:confused:
ASK the dealer what he is selling you. Find out what the factory is calling stage 1.
From what I read here you want exhaust, what ever you like and then a power commander V.
Every thing ells is BS

·
Registered
528 Posts
Stage 1 kit has mufflers (you use the factory heat shields), high flow air cleaner (ac) and it comes with a down load card for the change.

I have heard of a factory stage 1 on the 2011 bikes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stage 1 Stock or Stock 1 $700 Accessory

Spoke to dealer he said its a Stage I to a Stage I for $700, kinda stange, the Victory brochures says it comes with Stage I,
I email Polaris to get an answer.. :confused:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if your salesman's used to push stage 1 from the 2010's, and did not educate himself that the 2011's come with stage 1. Remember, your salesman's there to get his commission, and sometimes forgets to keep up with the model changes. I know this might sound shocking, but just start a thread with "my salesman was wrong" and you'll get a thousand posts in one day. They're human beings after all, so we should give 'em a break on that, but make sure you always have a second independent source for the info a salesman gives you. It's just a good habit. You did right by contacting Polaris about - let us know when you hear back from them of what the story is.

·
Registered
528 Posts
CrossRoads are you saying that the 2011 comes with the $699 stage 1 already installed?

My 2011 XC is whisper quiet and the throttle response could use some help.

·
Registered
381 Posts
BS

Spoke to dealer he said its a Stage I to a Stage I for $700, kinda stange, the Victory brochures says it comes with Stage I,
I email Polaris to get an answer.. :confused:
I have a brand new XC & it does not come with stage 1. The stage 1 kit consists of new pipes, hi-flow air filter & an ECM reflash. I have Az Slammer pipes on my bike .thumb upThey are louder & deeper than stage 1 & cost less. You can click on a sound byte of both here: http://www.arizonavictory.com/default.asp
Either way, make sure you remove the rubber seal around the air filter for an extra boost in HP, when you install the new air filter.
Good luck & enjoy the XC!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
CrossRoads are you saying that the 2011 comes with the $699 stage 1 already installed?

My 2011 XC is whisper quiet and the throttle response could use some help.
My bad! :eek: The 2011 touring bikes do come with Stage 1 Engine, not Stage 1 Exhaust.

Stage 1 Exhaust is a $699 accessory indeed.

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
Seems to be a little confusion about what a Stage 1 kit is. It's generally just exhaust, AC, and new MAP. The '11's don't come with them stock. It's an add-on.

The Jackpot's and Hammer's come with the Stage 2 cams but still don't have the Stage 1 kit. They also have a bit more HP and TQ but the power comes on later in the RPM range which is why, I think, they don't put those cams in the touring bikes.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a brand new XC & it does not come with stage 1. The stage 1 kit consists of new pipes, hi-flow air filter & an ECM reflash. I have Az Slammer pipes on my bike .thumb upThey are louder & deeper than stage 1 & cost less. You can click on a sound byte of both here: http://www.arizonavictory.com/default.asp
Either way, make sure you remove the rubber seal around the air filter for an extra boost in HP, when you install the new air filter.
Good luck & enjoy the XC!

howdy jokerman

i have the slammers too and they're anything but quiet...thumbs up here as well...what is the rubber seal you are talking about?

and...regarding other posts on this thread...what is the difference between stage 1 engine and pipes...i thought stage 1 was stage 1...and that it was a "package"..pipes and map....and so...this is the first i have heard that a 2011 comes with a stage 1/2 anything "stock"

·
Registered
528 Posts
Me no like loud. I think the slammers are too loud for me. I could not find a price on them anyway.
My wife and I are on the road all day when we go riding and too much sound bothers us. We prefer to listen to the tunes than a loud exhaust.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This can be confusing, on the Vision the term Level is for the exhaust.
Victory has Stage 1 Level 1 and a Stage 1 Level 2 for the exhaust.

For the Kingpin, Hammer and Jockpot they use The term Stage 1 and the name of the pipes ( Shotgun, Swept, Slip on, 2-into-1 ) so you can have Stage 1 Shotgon pipes. The motor is stock with pipes.

Victory also offers a Stage 2 and a Stage 3 motor package.

Sooo Stage is the motor, stock is Stage 1 and modified is Stage 2 or Stage 3 as per the Victory Catalog.

A Stage 1 is a stock motor.
A Stage 2 Kit is a 106" big bore kit.
A Stage 3 Kit is a cam.
A Stage 3 Kit for Slip-on pipes.

When you go aftermarket for parts, exhaust, intake, controler, or what ever, as long as the motor is stock you have a Stage 1 motor.

When you open the motor for intermal mods it is a Stage 2 or 3.
This is for Victory parts out of the catalog.

Any other intermal mods you get to call it whatever you want.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just saw mine for the first time

I just saw mine, stock, for the first time today. I was speaking with the salesman, they just started selling them at this particular dealership and he had to do a lot of reading this summer in preparation, and he seemed to know what he was talking about (I did do a lot of homework).

From what I gather, the stock stage 1 is for the engine, and does not have anything to do with the exhaust- Stage 1 Exhaust is a different thing. The Stage one Engine means that it is the basic stock, and the Hammer and one other comes with the Stage 2 stock.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Air filter seal

howdy jokerman

i have the slammers too and they're anything but quiet...thumbs up here as well...what is the rubber seal you are talking about?

Gulliver; Here is a post from the VOG net that explains your question in detail:

Chances are, AZ Victory already took care of this when they did the slammers (at least they do up here in PHX)

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
From motorcycle.com

Victory announced it is dropping its smaller displacement engine and will use the Freedom 106 (1731cc) V-Twin engine across its entire 2011 lineup.
The Freedom 100 engine is being discontinued to be replaced by the Freedom 106 which will be available in two versions.

Victory’s 2011 cruisers will be powered by the Stage 2 version with a special cam package claiming 97hp and 113 ft-lb. That includes the Vegas Jackpot, Hammer, Hammer S, Vegas, Kingpin, Hammer 8-Ball, Kingpin 8-Ball, Vegas 8-Ball, and the Zach Ness Signature Series Vegas 8-Ball.

The 2011 Victory tourer lineup, featuring the Cross Country, Cross Roads, Victory Vision Tour, Vision 8-Ball, Cory Ness Signature Cross Country and Arlen Ness Signature Vision will be equipped by the Stage 1 engine. According to Victory, the Stage 1 version produces 92hp and 109 ft-lb.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
It's interesting Victory has chosen to use the phrase "Stage 1" for a stock engine. It is in conflict with the rest of the motorcycle world to my knowledge and for sure HD.
I believe they use the "stage" denomination as in "version" - The 106ci used in the 2010 models is one version prior to the 2011, so they seem to attribute it the "stage 1" label in order to differentiate the two, especially that now they're using two 2011 motors of the same capacity, but of different hp and torque output (cruisers vs touring bikes).

·
Registered
289 Posts
I believe they use the "stage" denomination as in "version" - The 106ci used in the 2010 models is one version prior to the 2011, so they seem to attribute it the "stage 1" label in order to differentiate the two, especially that now they're using two 2011 motors of the same capacity, but of different hp and torque output (cruisers vs touring bikes).
well ok...i have not looked at the vic site...but from here, it seems that a 2011 XC has a different engine and exhaust setup stock from a 2010? this is the first i heard of this...i thought the 2011 change was just the tranny....

·
Registered
71 Posts
well ok...i have not looked at the vic site...but from here, it seems that a 2011 XC has a different engine and exhaust setup stock from a 2010? this is the first i heard of this...i thought the 2011 change was just the tranny....
Because the tranny is quieter, they were able to make adjustments to the exhaust to make it louder (stock is still not very loud and I did pay for the Stage 1 because I like being able to hear my bike when I crack the throttle, but I didn't want to go too loud).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts