Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
got my 2011 XR two weeks ago, and still haven't been able to ride because of the weather and salt on the roads (can't bring myself to get it salty).

But i've been doing a lot of checking it out in my garage. ;-)
one thing I am not too crazy about is the skinnier seat, especially for the passenger. I guess this is for the leather bags to have clearance, but I have the hard bags.

Can anyone compare the comfort of the different seats? I like the look of the wider seat better too. Anyone want to trade? ;-)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I've driven my wife around on the wide seat and the narrow seat. She liked the wide on the XC but she prefers the narrow seat on the XR.
The wide seat put more pressure on the back of her legs and made her legs fall asleep after 2 hours. 6 hours straight on the narrow seat and her legs were fine.
To make a crude comparison; you can get the same symptoms from sitting on the toilet too long...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply ammo. That's exactly what happens to me in the "office" every time I get a new Cycle World. ;)

Is the driver's seat a little wider too or is it just the passenger? Any difference in comfort for you?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Xr seat

I have a 2011 cross country that has the wide seat on it. The bike has around 500 miles on it,the seat is in excellent condition.If you would like to trade i'm in.What is the width of your seat?
Playtoy

·
Registered
169 Posts
Darn it!!

I just missed out on this one. I would trade if "playtoy1957" isn't able to. I asked the dealer to watch out for a XR rider who might want to trade as well. BTW....I have about 1000 miles on the seat and it is in showroom condition also.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys, I was half kidding when I said who wants to trade? Seriously though, why are you guys so eager to trade? Because of the passenger comfort? Or is the driver seat better?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Guys, I was half kidding when I said who wants to trade? Seriously though, why are you guys so eager to trade? Because of the passenger comfort? Or is the driver seat better?
You can't take it back! You already have two serious forum members ready to complete the swap. Now you have to trade it. :ltr:

The front seat is the same on both. The only difference is the rear section of the seat. Best way to chose one or the other is to have your passenger decide - that is if you have a dedicated passenger you usually take along. If you ride solo, or if you take hitchhikers on, then you go by looks only.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You can't take it back! You already have two serious forum members ready to complete the swap. Now you have to trade it. :ltr:
:ltr::ltr:

I actually like the look better. If I don't find a trade I am going to have my seat guy do some work to slim the passenger area down. It would just save me some $$ if I found a willing trade. :D

My GF says the XC seat is great, it is just a cosmetic change.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
If you're patient, you will find a trade. Some prefer one seat and others prefer the other seat. Maybe start a thread on this, and call it "XR/XC seat swap" - other forums members have swapped before, and there's no reason why you won't find yourself a trade partner, as long as you post the request, and have a little patience. thumb up

·
Registered
21 Posts
seat trade

Bryman

My reason for wanting to trade is I like the look of the narrower seat that you have. Also I have no passenger but I have spoken with my girlfriend who says that it is a very comfortable seat.

Playtoy

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys, I will have to think about it. The middle of the passenger seat measures about 11". I will have to measure my GF's ass but I am pretty sure it would fit as she's a petite lady. :D

What is the width of the wide passenger seat?

·
Registered
21 Posts
xr seat

Bryman

The rear portion of the seat measures 15" if you deside to trade give me a buzz. My better half is around 100 pounds and has no problem with the width
Playtoy

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Bryman,
The drivers seat is the same size on the 11 XR as it is on the XC. There is no difference in driver comfort. As a couple of people have mentioned the narrower seat is more streamlined and in their opinion looks better.
A couple of weeks ago I spotted someone on another forum that didn't like the seat on his Ness XC. He was considering trading it for a seat from an 11 XR. If you do a little searching you may be able to find that post. That's the only seat I would consider trading for. I didn't offer to trade because the streets cleared here (it got into the 30's and 40's here) and I wanted to get some time on the bike. I could do it now since we just got 6" of snow last night and are expecting more throughout this week but mine is broken in now so I'll keep it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
xr seat

Bryman

It would be nice to really think about what your gonna post and make sure that you post what you mean. A post that is written in a manner that inplies that you want to trade when your unsure and testing the water is useless. Next time write what you mean and mean what you say.

Playtoy

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bryman

It would be nice to really think about what your gonna post and make sure that you post what you mean. A post that is written in a manner that inplies that you want to trade when your unsure and testing the water is useless. Next time write what you mean and mean what you say.

Playtoy
Playtoy, welcome to the forum! In case you didn't notice, this is not a dedicated FS/FT forum. When you showed an aggressive interest in my seat I immediately responded and said I was asking for more info before I decided to clarify.

You just guaranteed that I won't do any business with you. Troll somewhere else and have a great day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts