Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well here's my thought, removed the tank from my cc had paint work done reinstalled, last fall I could ride and consistently get mid 40's to low 50's for milage put bike away with 3450 miles on it. have put 1000 miles on it this spring and i'm having a hard time pulling mid 30's went on a 700 mile trip this weekend and averaged 35 mpg. temps low 40's to mid 50's speeds interstate 65 to 75 mild side wind. bike seems to have good power little sluggish 2200 to 2800. bike is stock same as last fall::(

·
Registered
35 Posts
just an observation from my own bike 2011 cc mileage drops in cold fall,winter,spring weather and always rebound after temps warm up as i get upper 40's lower 50's summer and around 35 in 40 degree and colder temps i also get a lot of black soot on the end of my pipes in colder weather that i do not get in the summer

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Low temps, fast speeds and winter blend / low quality gas will kill mileage every time. I was getting around 44 mpg when I got my bike at the end of last summer and over the winter I was getting about 36 mpg. Now that it is warming up I am getting 40 mpg and expect it to climb as the temps go up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got the 2012 CCT and I was getting 35-38mpg running at what I thought was a smooth and good speed/rpm (2200-2800 just like the OP) - and yes, as pointed out by others, speed and colder weather means a bit less mpg.

By using one of the computer settings (the actual "at the moment" mpg reading) I was able to see that cruising at anything LESS than 2800rpm's was actually lugging the engine a little bit - even though it SOUNDED and FELT "smooth."

I now try to run about 2800rpm MINIMUN and the bike performs better, handles better, runs/feels just as "smooth" - and I've increased my mpg back up to around 45mpg on a consistent basis.

It's been said before - and now I'm a believer..... the 106 engine seems to LOVE running at approximately 3000rpm's.

- of course - your results may vary....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks I think you hit it on the head as I filled with 92 octane fuel and the weather warmed up to 68 degree's and the milage went back up to 45 and above, did notice a lot of black scoot in the pipes, I take that as a sign of a rich condition. i'm going to add a power commander and new air cleaner, most likely a lyodd's, not sure what i'm going to do with the exhaust yet, as I've found after a long trip I will also be needing some sort of wind management weather I go to hard lowers or fork mounted lowers. anyway i'd like to thank you for your in put.

·
13,185 Posts
well here's my thought, removed the tank from my cc had paint work done reinstalled, last fall I could ride and consistently get mid 40's to low 50's for mileage put bike away with 3450 miles on it. have put 1000 miles on it this spring and I'm having a hard time pulling mid 30's went on a 700 mile trip this weekend and averaged 35 mpg. temps low 40's to mid 50's speeds interstate 65 to 75 mild side wind. bike seems to have good power little sluggish 2200 to 2800. bike is stock same as last fall::(
You don't say where you live. :confused:

Maybe your plugs are shot. Maybe there is something blocking your air filter. Maybe you didn't do something right when you put the tank on.
Care full not to break that nipple

1 - 8 of 8 Posts