Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've learned others have had similar clutch problems with Victory bikes where the clutch friction zone is elusive causing the bike to surge when starting out. Has there been a solution to the problem?

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Yes - more throttle, let clutch out faster :D

·
13,188 Posts
your clutch need adjusting
you can only do it when its over night cold. Never warm or hot.
look it owners book for what free play should be at lever

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If it only surges while it's cold try holding the clutch lever in for a minute or so while it's warming up.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sounds to me like a warped pressure plate. If I understand what you are saying you can feel a pulsation in the lever as you release the clutch lever and a grabiness which makes the clutch difficult to modulate...is this correct? If you release the clutch lever very slowly with the engine off and you can feel a "notchy feeling" the cable is likely binding as well and may have contributed to the pressure plate warping.

Tech23

·
13,188 Posts
By the way lube your cable end up at the lever. At least once a month

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
a few more revs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'll try them and will probably head back to the dealership next week.

Love the bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your clutch need adjusting
you can only do it when its over night cold. Never warm or hot.
look it owners book for what free play should be at lever
Thanks visionjohnny, I did a clutch adjustment first thing this morning before my ride to work. It was crazy easy. I felt the difference right away. Duh! I'll grease up the cable on both ends soon. My riding season is coming to a close very soon here in Maine. Rock on.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Thanks visionjohnny, I did a clutch adjustment first thing this morning before my ride to work. It was crazy easy. I felt the difference right away. Duh! I'll grease up the cable on both ends soon. My riding season is coming to a close very soon here in Maine. Rock on.
So that fixed it ? :)

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
thumb up..........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts