Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Seriously that surprises anyone now a days?

Everything is made in China they have no EPA no CARB no unions no OSHA, they use child and slave labor there willing to work 16hour days just to eat.

Most every American product is assembled with probably 90% Chienese parts.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Yup, no surprise on the Made In China sticker. Hard to find a lot that isn't these days.

But I'm curious, how many miles on your 2012 CCT and is mileage the reason for the change or did something else contribute?

·
Premium Member
13,050 Posts
What really bugs me is a fuel pump like this for a car is under $50. For our Vic's it's up to $300. Cheaper if Rylan rebuilds it but still.

Just like adding the word marine to any part that's the exact same for a car but painted blue.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, no surprise on the Made In China sticker. Hard to find a lot that isn't these days.

But I'm curious, how many miles on your 2012 CCT and is mileage the reason for the change or did something else contribute?
Just over 49K right now. I was noticing some issues. Guess the manual says change it at 30K. Oops.

·
Premium Member
13,050 Posts
Interesting how the manual says to change the filter at 30k and then again at 50k. Seems like it would stay on the same interval. Also seems like changing or having the fuel pump rebuilt would be a good idea somewhere around 50k-60k.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i changed mine just shy of 30,000 and it was pretty nasty, its a pain in the ass to do to, feels like you are going to break it to get it in and out of the tank.

·
12,983 Posts
Do it at 30K like Rylan says to do. Or go longer and spend $500 for a new pump. Witch one is cheaper when your sitting on the side of the road

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
dirty filters kill pumps

no rocket science there, a dirty filter makes the pump work harder, in a bike, car, or truck. pay me now or pay more later saying is well suited to lack of maintenance!!

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Got it. I didn't know the manual says to change the fuel filter at 30K. I have a bit over that on my CCT now. I'll change the fuel filter when I remove the tank to clean my Lloyds air filter over the winter. I'll have to watch the Witchdoctors video again about removing the tank. I've never done it and have not been looking forward to it either.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
i changed mine just shy of 30,000 and it was pretty nasty, its a pain in the ass to do to, feels like you are going to break it to get it in and out of the tank.
EXACTLY!!...I got worried and put my tank in the car and drove into Victory to get the mechanic there to show me how to get the pump out without braking anything.
did it at 42,000kms which is 26,000 miles, it was still performing fine,
I just passed 82,000 kms which is 51,000 miles so I got a ways to go yet,
@pat0021 what were the issues you were having that prompted you to change your filter?
any chance of a pic of how dirty it was?
Im gonna let mine run to 100,000kms or 60,000 miles this time as 30,000 mile intervals sound about right to me.
Would be nice to get a bit more without pump damage risk, thats why Im wondering what pat0021 bikes symptoms were.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Got it. I didn't know the manual says to change the fuel filter at 30K. I have a bit over that on my CCT now. I'll change the fuel filter when I remove the tank to clean my Lloyds air filter over the winter. I'll have to watch the Witchdoctors video again about removing the tank. I've never done it and have not been looking forward to it either.

the tank is simple to remove, to many people overthink it. just watch the fuel nipple when you pull it off.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
EXACTLY!!...I got worried and put my tank in the car and drove into Victory to get the mechanic there to show me how to get the pump out without braking anything.
did it at 42,000kms which is 26,000 miles, it was still performing fine,
I just passed 82,000 kms which is 51,000 miles so I got a ways to go yet,
@pat0021 what were the issues you were having that prompted you to change your filter?
any chance of a pic of how dirty it was?
Im gonna let mine run to 100,000kms or 60,000 miles this time as 30,000 mile intervals sound about right to me.
Would be nice to get a bit more without pump damage risk, thats why Im wondering what pat0021 bikes symptoms were.
Loud fuel pump. No sorry I didn't take any pictures but it was a coppery color if that helps. I did notice afterward that I just a bit more pick up on heavy throttle use. Didn't see any fuel mileage difference.

The book recommends a new o ring and bolts when you take the fuel pump out, but I didn't do that and all is well.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Yeah mine was coppery töo like a used but dried coffee filter.
Still got mine, could post a pic later.
I ordered new bolts but coulda used the old ones. Didnt change o-ring.

·
Premium Member
13,050 Posts
the tank is simple to remove, to many people overthink it. just watch the fuel nipple when you pull it off.
I agree. Just be careful and make sure the tank is fairly empty like at 1/4 tank or something close so it's not too heavy and unwieldy.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Great thread. I just put the fuel filter, new seal and screws on order.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts