Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Sweet. thumb up

New accessories showed up too, like adjustable passenger floor boards, hard lowers kit, fairing kit, fairing stereo, and a couple of round covers to replace the stock cheese wedges!

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
Well. Looks like they don't fit the XC/XR with the forged bars so that ends that. The forged bars are one of the things I like best about the bike and what many HD riders don't so there's no way I'm replacing them.

That's ok. Greg Benner and I have gotten the wind issue solved already. (mostly)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I agree BBob. I was so excited to see those lowers until I looked and read closer. That sucks that we'd have to buy the round crash bar. Not only does it drive the cost up but I really like the looks of the square bar.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I like the new lowers as well, now lets see how well Victory listens to it's customers and starts making lowers for the forged bars. I just installed the kicker speakers that come with the Ness bike and they are really impressive. PS52504 is the kicker model # for $169. Now I listen to the stereo as before it was just noise going down the road. thumb up I'm currently using the Victory flip windshield and like it a lot but will consider purchasing the larger windshield for trips.

Overall I like the new XC tour model and all the additional accessories it now comes with. I'm interested in the heated seat for my bike as we will be heading into fall weather soon.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Damn!! I do like the XC Tour, at least from what I see on the internet. I wanna see one face to face, but that may be dangerous to my credit line.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sweet. thumb up

New accessories showed up too, like adjustable passenger floor boards, hard lowers kit, fairing kit, fairing stereo, and a couple of round covers to replace the stock cheese wedges!
hold the phone, the adjustable passenger floorboards work on the 11's? My wife will be quite happy

·
Registered
154 Posts
hold the phone, the adjustable passenger floorboards work on the 11's? My wife will be quite happy
That is a wonderful thang. GF will love this.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
VIC11CC - where did you get your kicker speakers?

Never mind, found a set for $136.00 shipped

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well. Looks like they don't fit the XC/XR with the forged bars so that ends that. The forged bars are one of the things I like best about the bike and what many HD riders don't so there's no way I'm replacing them.

That's ok. Greg Benner and I have gotten the wind issue solved already. (mostly)
Good thing they made improvements, but too bad they on the lowers for the forged. Is is that hard to make those? They should have at least made some nice looking soft lowers.

·
Registered
372 Posts

+1thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
Now if only Victory would use a horn that didn't sound like a coughing mouse.
I shoe-horned a Flamm Low Note car horn in there. Works great, plenty loud, and doesn't have that meep meep sound. You find them at local auto parts stores too.

How many ohms? I'm looking at getting a set myself, what site did you get them at?
Should be 4 ohm. A bunch of us bought the 2 ohm Kickers and even though they work; the 4 ohm are the correct ones.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I shoe-horned a Flamm Low Note car horn in there. Works great, plenty loud, and doesn't have that meep meep sound.
Did you have to add an in-line relay so the horn got enough amps?
Or, will the stock wiring push that Flamm Low Note?

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
Did you have to add an in-line relay so the horn got enough amps?
Or, will the stock wiring push that Flamm Low Note?
Nope. Just plugged it right in to the existing wiring. The location isn't the best 'cause there's not much room in the area the stock horn goes but so far, even on the hottest days, it's tolerating the heat from the front cylinder.

I don't give it much thought but it was something that annoyed me when I first got the bike. The horn sounded like, what did you say, a sick mouse or something. I could have taken it back to the dealer for replacement but I'd still have that small meep meep sound that, frankly, embarrassed me a little. :eek: Fortunately I had a spare new Flamm horn it worked. I had bought two when I needed one for a previous bike.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Make sure the speakers you buy are marine grade and 4 ohm. $136 is a good price if they are indeed marine grade speakers.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Make sure the speakers you buy are marine grade and 4 ohm. $136 is a good price if they are indeed marine grade speakers.
Anything with a polypropylene injection molded cone with butyl rubber surround is going to be fine. The fairing is keeping it dry for the most part. You will have a wider range of speakers and lower prices going this route.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts