Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a 2012 Cross Roads Classic LE. Riding into work today the bike lost all power! Motor shut off, speedo shut off, even the digital part! Lasted a couple seconds then lights came back on. Hit the start button and ran fine rest of the way.

Also, I get like a whining nois coming from the rear end. sounds like a pully or belt?

Any tips or comments?

Thanks

PS any VIC owners in the Barrie Ont area?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Tighten your battery terminals - add star washers first if you don't want them to work loose again.

Rear noise could be belt alignment, belt tension, or brake pads rubbing the disc.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
If he wants to replace the whole bike under warranty let him.
If he wants to replace stuff that you foot the bill for, tell me to put star washers on the battery terminals and tighten them up.

Of course, you can do it yourself for about twentyleben dollars cheaper.

You can smear bees wax or bag balm or voodoo elixir or just about anything gooey on the contact areas of the belt. If it stops squealing the problem is at the belt. Alignment and tensioning are both described in the manual.

Again, the dealer can get an upgrade on his Aruba tickets if you cut him loose chasing belt squeal or you can do some detective work.

Pop warns you though sometimes belt chirp is a stroll down a dark street of broken dreams. More than one full grown man carries a tub of goo around in his saddlebag either out of too lazy, too cheap or thoroughly beat down by the chirp monster.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Again, the dealer can get an upgrade on his Aruba tickets if you cut him loose chasing belt squeal or you can do some detective work.
Bonaire is just a pond hop away and has a way better reef.

·
Registered
289 Posts
""If he wants to replace the whole bike under warranty let him.
If he wants to replace stuff that you foot the bill for, tell me to put star washers on the battery terminals and tighten them up.""

classic stuff pop.....BTW i really miss CO.
maybe august
cheers

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
The main breaker connected to the battery positive pole will cause that same exact thing if it is faulty. I had to replace mine and costs less than $7 at autozone.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
It's still under warranty so he can replace everything and chase the chirp for me! I hope it's nothing serious that's all

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sure, as long as you don't mind having a bike in title and registration only, while the dealer has possession and fools around with it week after week. If it were me, I would spend ten minutes tightening the battery cables. Then I would ride.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The main breaker connected to the battery positive pole will cause that same exact thing if it is faulty. I had to replace mine and costs less than $7 at autozone.
Read lots of posts and I think VCountry12 probably has the culprit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts