Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I just bought a 2012 crossroads le # 275 and its too quite.does anybody have some advice on what they did ,tips,new pipes? it seems like the stock pipes are holding the motor back?
thanks

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hello I just bought a 2012 crossroads le and its too quite.does anybody have some advice on what they did ,tips,new pipes? it seems like the stock pipes are holding the motor back?
thanks

There are quite a few options for you, from Victory Stage 1 pipes, to RPW, D&D, etc. Search the forum and you will find a wealth of info, pictures, and everybody's opinion on each pipe.

Congrats on the new XR-LE!

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Hello I just bought a 2012 crossroads le and its too quite.does anybody have some advice on what they did ,tips,new pipes? it seems like the stock pipes are holding the motor back?
thanks

A twin to mine (#258). When I took it in for the 500 mile service I had a Power Commander V and Auto Tune added along with the "custom pipes" that my dealer/shop builds. I noticed a big difference right off the bat and am glad I invested in the changes. Power Commader went bad and is being replaced, but I consider that a fluke given everything else I have heard about the PCV.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Search for thread called cheap mods (I think) or other ones telling about sending a 1-1/8" hole saw up the pipes and drilling a hole in the baffles. They are thin and its easy to do. Baffles are about 18" in from the end, so you'll need an extension. Read about it first before doing it as there are things to know. I am very pleased with the resulting sound. My neighbors don't hear me leave, yet she really barks when I roll it on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats on your new CRLE. I think getting louder pipes are the single best improvement you can make. I put D&Ds on mine, (the wrapped version) and at first thought they were too loud. I have since realized that they are just right, as many others have testified. The first time you have to roll on the throttle in a busy intersection because the light changed at the most inopportune time you will appreciate that everyone knows what you're doing. By the same token, they can purr through a small town without raising an eyebrow. I took it on faith that the testimonials were correct when I ordered mine, and I'm not disappointed. If they are out of your budget, a friend of mine has the Atom Bombs at about half the price and they have some bark to them without being obnoxious also.

Compare my stock pipes: http://youtu.be/xCSYXG6KJJI

To the D&Ds :http://youtu.be/GKIugLg0xMo

In reality both are louder than in the videos but it gives you a comparison.

·
Registered
135 Posts
thanks

congrats! #105 here. don't know where you live but bought new pipes from my dealer in Katy tx. they really bark when you roll the throttle but not bad when cruising. that + a stage 1 setup really helped the bike. i know when i rode with stock pipes, it was like riding a sewing machine...lol. RIDE SAFE!
cheers

·
Registered
126 Posts
I gutted my stockers and really enjoy the sound. I did a ride with a few local forum members here and they said it relly wasn't that loud. However, I do know that when I open her up the sound can be felt as much as heard. :ltr:

On the other hand, I only "turn up the volume" in open areas (i.e. not the neighborhood).

Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts