Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to customizing motorcycles and am wondering if I could put a headlight from a 2012 highball on my 2007 Vegas 8 ball. My concerns are mounting and voltage. I have read other threads around needing a voltage converter for led systems for taillights on the 2007 models. Does that apply here?

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
... I have read other threads around needing a voltage converter for led systems for taillights on the 2007 models. Does that apply here?
It does not apply here.

However, some of the older models are wired differently. Low beam shuts off when high beam is turned on, while on newer models both beams remain on during 'high beam' time, due to different headlight reflector design for the high beam. Replacing the headlight will not change the wiring, so there will be some custom work for you. Otherwise you will end up with a strange light pattern when the high beam is on. To find out if this applies to your model, simply check if your low beam shuts off when the high beam is flipped on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I found on my '08 that there are different circuits, all for the headlights, that do different things. For example, if you want low beam to stay on, or low beam to go off when high beam is switched in, both circuits are in the wiring, as are multiple connectors for various bulbs. Perhaps your 07 has the same....

Took my 08 Pin from this...

To this..

Just watch the connectors for the indicator lights. If you plug the harness in to itself, instead of the indicator lights, you're asking for trouble. (Don't ask... trust me, be careful, don't do it... LOL)

Yes, mine is an 8 Ball. Just has a custom Vic paint option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys! I will have to look into it a little more. I have also thought about powder coating the stock headlamp too and upgrading to the victory hid's.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wanna go the other way 2007 Vegas to my 12 Highball do you guys know if this will clip in w/out messing around with wiring?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts