Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
REPOST - 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
NEW OFFER!!! $250 FINDERS FEE - payable upon completion of a successful sale.
SEARCY, ARKANSAS 72143
Base Price: $21,999
Kelly Blue Book Value: $11,800
Selling PRICE: $8,500
Odometer: 66,797 miles
Specs
Type: Air/oil-cooled
Engine size: 1731cc
Transmission: 6-speed, cable-actuated wet clutch
Cruise Control
HID Headlight
Belt Drive
ABS Brakes
Custom Grips
Fuel Tank Capacity: 5.8 Gallons
Approximate MPG: 36-40 on the highway
Approximately Fuel Tank Range: 224 miles

This bike:
Very clean 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
Saddlebags and carpet lined trunk

Hi-Performance Cams installed by the Vic Shop in Iowa
Rockford-Fosgate Amplifier and 6" upgraded speakers
Navigation Garmin zumo 590 included (latest maps) $600 value.
All maintenance records available
Oil and grease changed and lubricated at appropriate levels and times
Tires changed on schedule
Victory Trunk Travel Bag included
Helmets included

This is a wonderful bike...absolutely the best BIKE I have ever owned (I have owned 7 motorcycles in my life). I would NOT be afraid to hop on it RIGHT NOW as it sits and head to California, or any other 3,000 mile trip. My only reason for selling the bike is I have issues with chronic vertigo and it's just time to part with it.

The bike has a few rock chips on the lower fairings, but mechanically...this bike is in EXCELLENT mechanical condition, and has many more carefree miles ahead of it. The only service work done on this bike was done by myself (oil changes) and the original dealer (provided if wanted). This bike has never been wrecked or laid down. CLEAR TITLE.

NEW OFFER!!! $250 FINDERS FEE - payable upon completion of a successful sale.

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Despite our differences; I'm very sorry to hear you can't ride anymore and have to sell your baby. She's a good looking XCT with lots of long life left in her before a refresh. Good luck in your sale. You're hitting the market at the right time as I'm sure you know.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Bob...Yes, I'm heartbroken about it. But bouncing off walls as I walk down a hallway (which comes and goes...so don't feel sorry for me) is frustrating. I loved LONG RIDES, sometimes as much as 17 hours straight (Virginia coast to Arkansas probably a dozen times).

Best bike EVER. Someone will get a great bike and I want it to go to good home...kinda like giving a puppy away.

I actually have more stuff than I listed that comes with the bike...everything I have goes. Anyway, Thank you for the kind words.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Arkie sorry to hear you've had to give up your baby...hope they find something to ease the vertigo and you can perhaps get back on two wheels....

Your machine looks awesome somebody's going to be very lucky....

Wish you best of luck....

Rob

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks CanuckRob...it has been a difficult decision. I am currently being seen by the Veterans Administration and hopefully they'll be able to improve both the hearing and vertigo.

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
I partially feel your pain Arkie. Father Time got me in the right knee and made it so I can no longer ride my XR, or any two wheeler. Fortunately, I was able to make lemonade out of that lemon and switch to a Spyder. Not a bad move to have to make.
I hope for you, your condition will improve to the point you can get into the wind too. Keep us posted as to your progress.
And keep giving Bbob a hard time, I love the back and forth between you two. :)

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The sucks Arkie! Hope the best for your sale and even more so with the VA!

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
It is sad to see health issues with friends and fellow riders .... love & hope to all peope who live with pain or sorrows

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,162 Posts
It is sad to see health issues with friends and fellow riders .... love & hope to all people who live with pain or sorrows
Andre, good friend, that's the price some of us pay for remaining on top of the lawn beyond our sell by date. It's a good trade-off, if not a comfortable one.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Vertigo is definitely not something that goes well with being on two wheels, let alone four for that matter. While there are numerous possible causes, if you are having problems with hearing it could very well be related to the ears. Hopefully they will be able to find the cause and treat it successfully.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes hearing loss, vertigo and constant ringing in the ears. I just started seeing the VA here in Arkansas and they are thinking it might be Meniere's Disease...being in the medical field for more than 40 years...I already know this. LOL

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
Yes hearing loss, vertigo and constant ringing in the ears. I just started seeing the VA here in Arkansas and they are thinking it might be Meniere's Disease...being in the medical field for more than 40 years...I already know this. LOL
My sister and niece have this, bad news when it flairs up.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
My sister and niece have this, bad news when it flairs up.
You mean it comes and goes ? It does not stay constant ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
4,950 Posts
You mean it comes and goes ? It does not stay constant ?

Andre using TaPaTaLk
With them it comes and goes, my sister gets so dizzy she can't walk and gets violently nauseated.
Medication seems to help them both.

·
Premium Member
6,041 Posts
With them it comes and goes, my sister gets so dizzy she can't walk and gets violently nauseated.

Medication seems to help them both.
Health is so fragile, good health for them .... And all

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts