Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have done a lot of reading here, what is the best exhaust, hi-flow air cleaner, and tuner for these visions. now mind you this is a everyday ride for me. not after or looking to build a fast bike just want better sound a little performance gain and a cooler running engine. what combo's have you found to be with in these boundry lines ? thanks for your help after 5 days i am loving my victory. so long harley. thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an 08 Vision, had the bike dynoed and made 80/100, these are close numbers, put on level one mufflers with the factory download and K&N filter and felt and increase in power, than installed Lloydz secondary air intake and felt another increase in power. I'm sure if I put it back on the dyno it will show a plus 10 HP. There is a PCV (the PCV will let you remove fuel which is what I need) in my futue to finialize everything.

Buster
08 Vision

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the ness big sucker air kit pcv and the thunder Cones. I am probably going to Put an auto tune on next to dial out some part throttle richness. I like mine and have 95 hp and 115 tq on a dyno jet 250. Then on eddy current set up it run 91hp and 113 tq

·
Registered
545 Posts
i have done a lot of reading here, what is the best exhaust, hi-flow air cleaner, and tuner for these visions. now mind you this is a everyday ride for me. not after or looking to build a fast bike just want better sound a little performance gain and a cooler running engine. what combo's have you found to be with in these boundry lines ? thanks for your help after 5 days i am loving my victory. so long harley. thanks
For a daily rider without big mods, a set of D&D Pipes with baffles for deep rumble or without baffles for more noise but higher pitch. Also I recommend tuning your spark plugs and you're set. No aftermarket air filter required and no need for tuner if all you do is pipes. I can run 95mph on the expressway and still have throttle response and still get 40mpg at that speed. I am as fast as any other bike except may a drag bike when taking off... even tho I don't feel the need to race from light to light or stop sign to stop sign.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies, currently it looks like i am getting around 43 mpg, if i do a stage 1 how many mpg's will i lose??. going in for my 1st service friday, and thinking about a stage 1 for now untill winter when i can get a pcv and pipes. what do you think ?

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
If you are planning on some REAL pipes and a REAL fuel controller... and possibly airbox modification, don't waste your money on a Victory stage 1 package. Get the REAL stuff first, don't do mods you'll regret.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree no need to waste money, spend it once and spend it right.
I lost 2 mpg with my set up. I am going to add a auto tune to mine and lean out some of the part throttle setting and will most likely get that back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts