Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

2012 Vision Purchase

5K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  CorvettePoor 
#1 ·
I have a test ride set up for this Friday the 29th on a 2012 Vision.

What should I pay for a black one NIB as is no accessories? Sticker says 22,139 on a Bronze mist in the show room.

What is dealer cost on this bike?

What about the stage 1 exhaust.....is it worth it?

Help me get ready to deal on this bike.

BTW: They have three Visions in stock. 1 Bronze and 2 black.

Thanks

#2 ·
Right about now they need to move as many older models off the floor as they can so they can make room for the new ones coming in about a month or so.

I would get aftermarket pipes and let them flash the ECM for the Stage 1. You then have some choices on intake. Plain K&N or upgrades from Lloydz Performance.

Look up NADA or KBB for prices. Anything besides black will usually cost $500 more but will be infinitely easier to maintain. I doubt there's going to be any design changes to the 2013's but if you can wait until we see; you might have more leverage. Then again; much of the Summer for you guys up North is gone by then so it's a trade off.

#3 · (Edited)
Bikes aren't like cars. You generally can NOT work from INVOICE up. Rather, each dealer has a cost to running their shop. Some need a higher profit margin. Others will negotiate. As a historical reference, you should be able to get anywhere from 3% to 18% off an out-going model year bike (the lower starting price, the lower the discount). Only a few get in the 18% off "rare air" range and those often require the inclusion of accessories, extended warranties and sometimes even dealer financing in order to have gotten that low. At least Vics aren't like these "RETAIL" Harley dealers that think they are doing you a favor by taking $500 off the RETAIL price of a bike and expecting you to plop down your cash.

PS - If you are not already aware, there is a $1K discount on ANY and ALL Victories simply by taking a test ride. Those who got 18% off typically leveraged the $1K demo ride coupon paired with an additional $1K off for being military paired with other locally available promotions and or negotiations.

#4 ·
I just bought a new 2012 Vision and it never occured to me that it was so close to the model year end. So maybe I paid more than I should have. However, I did pay with cash and saved a few dollars there. It sure is a great bike!

#7 ·
Year Roundcheers

#8 ·
Update

I am talking to a few dealers and the lowest prices I see advertised is $18,499.00-18,999 in the lower 48 before any discounts. Shipping a bike up here is around $500.00. I am retired military so there is another 1K off and, my local dealer is offering another 1k off. That would be a price of 19,600.00 without any haggle. What do you guys think? What did Victory do last year during July and August? There seems to be allot of 2011 still around. Like I said, the local dealer still has three 2012 Visions in stock.

#9 ·
I am talking to a few dealers and the lowest prices I see advertised is $18,499.00-18,999 in the lower 48 before any discounts. Shipping a bike up here is around $500.00. I am retired military so there is another 1K off and, my local dealer is offering another 1k off. That would be a price of 19,600.00 without any haggle. What do you guys think? What did Victory do last year during July and August? There seems to be allot of 2011 still around. Like I said, the local dealer still has three 2012 Visions in stock.
You may not get any additional discounts with those mid-18s advertised prices but you can always try.

#11 ·
Cash Price

Best cash price so far is $17,488.00 with my military discount.

#12 ·
Bought it!

I took the test ride today and was very impressed. I was so impressed that I bought one. A 2012 Victory Vision Tour Black/Black. I will pick it up tomorrow. Thanks to all that replied. 18.1K OTD cheers

#14 · (Edited)
If Bat Boy Had a Motorcycle.......

He would ride this!

My son by our new Victory Vision at Hatcher Pass Alaska.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.