Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
I wonder if they will come out with a kit to retro fit ABS to previous model years? Still, considering that I saved at least $2k buying a left over 2010 than waiting for a 2012 I'm still happy with my purchase thumb up

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
You guys jumped the gun and didn't read carefully - happens, in the mids of all this excitement. The ABS is for the XC touring, which has a different MSRP ($22k) than the regular XC ($19k).

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I was wrong! The XC and XR now do have ABS standard.

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
Oh ya, you're right, CR. The Standard XC and XR has ABS brakes but they start at $1000 more than last year. I bet the ABS is the reason.

The XR LE has ABS as well. Don't see a price on them yet. Lots of other good stuff on it besides the cool paint job.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Oh ya, you're right, CR. The Standard XC has ABS brakes but they start at $1000 more than last year. I'm sure that's the reason. On the other hand the XR starts at $1000 more than last year and doesn't have ABS.

I'm more confused than I was before....:confused:
Yes, the XR starts at $15,995 (a grand more than last year) and does have ABS. It's here: http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/victory-motorcycles/touring/cross-roads/pages/features.aspx - see feature #4. Funny how it's not listed in the "features" section, but it's listed on those major points.

To me, ABS is not worth upgrading, but the really good news is that when they do start making a white XR (hopefuly 2013), I will get it with ABS!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
CR: Did you notice they have a Hard Fairing for the XR now (about $900 I think).
Yes, they have a fairing audio kit for it also ($1700), and the passenger adjustable floorboards ($300) are available for the XR too. Also there's chese wedge replacements, round ($300) - I believe those are new, as I haven't noticed them before. These are not accessories for cheap customers like me, but I must admit I am very pleased to see that Victory is listening to customer feedback. We all cried about more accessories, and they have provided. They may not fit every need, and they might not be cheap, but you can't have everything - at least we have more toys to chose from when accessorizing our bikes.

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts
I agree CR and it looks like they are definitely listening to their customers. Something we can't really say about HD. I guess I always compare the two because those are the two American motorcycle companies I know. I'm sure the Yammy Road Star or other make/models have good engineers and people paying attention too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ABS is a very nice standard feature to have on the touring bikes. I was also happy to see that they are using the Stage 2 Cams across the entire bike range. That is a nice little bump in HP/TQ for the touring bikes.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
ABS is a very nice standard feature to have on the touring bikes. I was also happy to see that they are using the Stage 2 Cams across the entire bike range. That is a nice little bump in HP/TQ for the touring bikes.
Are you CERTAIN that HP/TQ #'s aren't just a typo? What bikes did the stage II come on last year? Also, isn't stage III the CAMS? Stage 2 is something else like exhaust manifold & programming, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The brochure that I have for the 2011 model year shows two different stages for the 106/6. All steel framed bikes came with a 106/6 Stage 2 (97HP & 113 LB-FT). All touring models came with a 106/6 Stage 1 (92HP & 109 LB-FT). All models on the 2012 website show 97 HP & 113 LB-FT, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I know the better half would love to have adjustable floorboards since she's on the taller side at 5'8". Now if only they weren't 300 bucks! :(

Noemtz needs to come out with something cheaper I think. thumb up Maybe even a chrome option!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The brochure that I have for the 2011 model year shows two different stages for the 106/6. All steel framed bikes came with a 106/6 Stage 2 (97HP & 113 LB-FT). All touring models came with a 106/6 Stage 1 (92HP & 109 LB-FT). All models on the 2012 website show 97 HP & 113 LB-FT, but I could be wrong.
You have a Victory "brochure" that shows HP & Torq? I don't doubt it exists but ALL the online stuff does NOT show HP/TQ so I'd be interested in finding what you have in your hands. Could you provide the formal name of that "brochure" so that we could try to search for it?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm really liking this two tone red and silver graphic XC.

I'm going to get this one. The ABS, for me, is worth the difference (the lack od it almost stopped me from getting the 2011 I have). Plas all the other upgrades and additions:D

Anyone know when they will be in the dealers?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts