Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im ready to pull the trigger on a XC. Loaded and cocked, just dont know where to aim. Dealer says the 2012's are arriving the begining of next month but I have a very itchy trigger finger. Will the 2012's be worth the wait or should I shoot whats in my sites right now at a hell of a deal? Anybody know what the 2012's will offer?:confused::confused::confused:

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Im ready to pull the trigger on a XC. Loaded and cocked, just dont know where to aim. Dealer says the 2012's are arriving the begining of next month but I have a very itchy trigger finger. Will the 2012's be worth the wait or should I shoot whats in my sites right now at a hell of a deal? Anybody know what the 2012's will offer?:confused::confused::confused:
Wait. You'll either get a better deal on a leftover 2011 either you'll decide to go with the brand new 2012 model if there are any improvements. You'll have more options if you wait another month or two.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The big questions are how long is your riding season and how long can you wait? You could most likely walk out of the dealership with the bike you want for a good deal tomorrow.

If you wait until very late Jul or early Aug (new bikes are announced at the dealers meet - most likely the last week of Jul). They will most likely prebuild some of the 12's (last year it was XC's in black) but you'll have limited color selection.

If you pick a 12 that wasn't prebuilt you'll have to order. Delivery should take 4 to 6 weeks but depending on the amount of orders and the number of dealers in the region it could take longer. It's not cost effective to ship 1 bike at a time so they use distro delivery.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im in the south east region so the season is long. The biggest delima IS hw long I can go without a bike. I am being offered a good deal on my second color choice, (cherry being my first but we lready know the deal on that). If I could get an increadable deal on a black one im not dredfully opposed either. So other than cherry in the 2012's I would be cool.

Opinion; What would be a great deal for a 2011 XC w/trunk and IPOD in saddle bag? Maybe Im excited about nothing. $18,500 otd.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Im in the south east region so the season is long. The biggest delima IS hw long I can go without a bike. I am being offered a good deal on my second color choice, (cherry being my first but we lready know the deal on that). If I could get an increadable deal on a black one im not dredfully opposed either. So other than cherry in the 2012's I would be cool.

Opinion; What would be a great deal for a 2011 XC w/trunk and IPOD in saddle bag? Maybe Im excited about nothing. $18,500 otd.
$18,500.00 otd is a great deal on a 2011 with the trunk alone!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
$18,500.00 otd is a great deal on a 2011 with the trunk alone!
Indeed. But I doubt the deal will get any worst in the next month or so. Good things come to those who wait... But nobody said that bad things come to those who don't wait. :ltr:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about a bird in the hand is better than two birds in the bush. Without a doubt there wont be any discounting on the 2012 price. Agree, disagree?

Devils advocatewac

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
What about a bird in the hand is better than two birds in the bush. Without a doubt there wont be any discounting on the 2012 price. Agree, disagree?

Devils advocatewac
Haha.... you're nobody's advocate though, as the 2011 price will be even lower when there are 2012s on the same showroom floor as 2011s.

The advantage of waiting is that if the 2012 come up with some new feature that's worth the money, he can chose the 2012 model. And there's no logical way for the price on the 2011s to go up (unless we start dreaming of sci-fi scenarios).

Now we're all busy spending this fellow's money. :ltr:

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts

Which color? Black probably, which isn't bad, but not the best color to try and keep clean. My blue one sucks for that too. The white one is best for looking its best longest.

If you can swing a white '11 XC with trunk, iPod cords to the saddlebag, a flip windshield, and a kiss on the cheek for $18.5k otd then you've got a good deal going on.

That's assuming you don't have buyers remorse after seeing what the 2012 offering's are. Do you like to gamble?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sitting here thinking after reading the posts, what could Victory do to make this amazing bike better? ABS? im not really moved by ABS. The only thing that could move me is the cherry/red color. Its not worth $2000 dollars minus a trunk and Ipod Connection though. I've had a black bike and she was beautiful all cleaned up contrasted by the blarring chrome, but I want to do something different this time. (Why is it when you see someone else riding something you use to have it looks 10x better then when you had it? ie. Bike, car, girlfriend) :ltr:

Another part to the delima is there aren't many bikes left in the dealership here. I went to one dealer, without calling first, to find out that they didn't have not one XC on the floor. And probably wont get anymore 2011s. Other places I called, learned my lesson quick, only had one or two left and they were black or white. Really can't see myself on a white bike. Its beautiful but not for me.

So with all that said, Im going to explore the possibility of an incredible deal on a black one but if that doesn't happen i'll stick with blue 2011.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
FRS Powersports in Memphis had a brand new 2010 Midnight Cherry XC on the showroom floor when I bought mine - I'd bet it's still there.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Sitting here thinking after reading the posts, what could Victory do to make this amazing bike better? ABS? im not really moved by ABS. The only thing that could move me is the cherry/red color. Its not worth $2000 dollars minus a trunk and Ipod Connection though. I've had a black bike and she was beautiful all cleaned up contrasted by the blarring chrome, but I want to do something different this time. (Why is it when you see someone else riding something you use to have it looks 10x better then when you had it? ie. Bike, car, girlfriend) :ltr:

Another part to the delima is there aren't many bikes left in the dealership here. I went to one dealer, without calling first, to find out that they didn't have not one XC on the floor. And probably wont get anymore 2011s. Other places I called, learned my lesson quick, only had one or two left and they were black or white. Really can't see myself on a white bike. Its beautiful but not for me.

So with all that said, Im going to explore the possibility of an incredible deal on a black one but if that doesn't happen i'll stick with blue 2011.
If you want red, why not pick up one of the remaining Ness XC's like mine? Others are getting killer deals and they already have all the customizations (diamond cut cylinder heads, crome everywhere, billet wheels, etc). I heard there was one listed somewhere for $21,999. No trunk at that price of course but that's $3K off list so it's not too shabby.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
If you decide to buy a 2012 don't expect to get much knocked off the price. I bought the 1st 2011 XR sold in Utah and couldn't get them to budge on the price. I did get them to throw in a passenger backrest and I go the $1000 in dealer cash with the military special.

The bad part is that I ordered the bike on Aug 5th and didn't get it until Sep 18th. Most people here are done riding for the year in mid Oct. I managed to make up for lost time and ride through the winter. I got it out at least 1 day per week the entire winter - had to pick days without ice one the roads and no snow forecasted. Trusting the weather guesser (weather man) got me snowed on a few times but I got bragging rights!

·
Registered
43 Posts
like ndabunka said, if you can swing the Ness XC they are making deals. Victory of Mesa and East Toledo Honda both had one last week when I was looking for one for $21999. Vic of Mesa will arrange shipping and you don't even have to go out there. I ended up paying 23K and bought it locally in FT Worth. It's pretty much got everything but I still had to order $1500 accessories to have what I wanted, and that's no trunk.

If you have not seen one in person, you won't realize how bad the pictures misrepresent the bike.
Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a white 2011 xc/w trunk. 3 weeks old and 3850 miles at end of today and thats just local trips here in colorado. Great bike - BUT not without some engineering flaws.... As you work your way thru the forum you will notice regular comments regarding windshields and air flow management both around the windshield and the "bat wings"! There are a few other issues but if the manufacture pays any attention to what its customers are complaining about - I would hope they would work at improving at least those two items. For that reason alone I would at least inquire what if any changes are going to be made to the 2012 model. Note: the extent to which the air flow issues bothers riders varies depending on what your coming from and expectations you have for your new ride. If after alittle research your convinced there will be no appropriate changes to the new model - go for the 2011. I doubt you will save much money waiting another month or so and you will have missed some great summer riding!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
First week in May I bought a 11' black XC with a lock n ride trunk for $16,700 plus tax. This price included the Victory factory dealer ride discount of 1K. Check for dealers offering this discount in your area.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well everybody I guess the dealer read my post and reniged on the deal. :mad: So the trunk shrunk to a back rest and the price shot up $500 more dollrs.:ltr: Just tell me you have another buyer not as persistant than me. So Im tired of looking and everyone is saying te same thing about fining me one except one dealer. Not a great deal like a few of you all have quoted but good enough. Market seems to be tightening in my area since invetory is low. Pulling the trigger on Saturday.

So from you vet Victory owners, would you invest in an extended warranty, and what is a good price if so? I try to be an informed consumer. Thnks for all the input guys, and gals if that applies. cheers thumb up

1 - 20 of 30 Posts