Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The HID low beam headlight on my 2012 XCT stopped working last night right at the end of a long (10 hr) ride at high speeds (80 mph). I rode in the rain most of the day (6 of the 10 hrs) but when the light stopped working, we had been out of the rain for more than an hour. I figured the bulb just went out. Tonight I went out to take it apart and see what bulb I needed and the bulb was working.

Any ideas on what would cause the light to stop working last night and start working tonight would be appreciated.

I am certain that the low beam light would not work and that the high beam light did work. I turned from high to low beam on a dark country road and it was pitch black in front of me. I also had several cars flash their brights at me to indicate my high beam was on.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
180 Posts
Could be corrosion/moisture at the hi/lo switch?? Kinda a common problem on the old BMW bikes don't know about Vic's yet.

I'm curious to know what you find because I have the same model year xct

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
471 Posts
Crazy, similar story here, my low beam went out the other day so I rode with my hi beam on, got home to check it out and everything was fine,, double checked all the connections.
Hasn't happened since.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
2012 CCT here as well. LOTS of miles in the rain but my factory HID low beam did go out on one particularly strong frog strangling downpour. It came back on soon after the rain stopped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts