Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have almost lost my passenger floor boards several times. The pin that they pivot on keeps backing out. Is there some kind of a clip or something missing?

·
13,262 Posts
Take pin to hardware store and get C clip to fit in grove
put the big head of the pin forward. Then it can't vibrate out

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
5/16 snap ring

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
This happened to me -- the circlip fell off, and the bolt almost worked itself completely out -- a few months after I got my XCT in 2012. I discuss this in one of the pics-and-caption in my gallery, specifically this one (and pic attached here):

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

- I bought a new stock circlip, put it on, and slathered the outside of it -- and the one on the other side, too -- with red (i.e., "permanent") thread locker. This solution has worked fine for two+ years.

- A few folks have drilled through the bolt, and put a cotter pin in there.

- It may also help if you reverse the direction of the bolt, but I didn't do that.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mine didn't have them on when i bought the bike, didn't notice until i got home. dealer ordered them for me and they haven't come loose since. I put them on myself with no locktite and have not had a problem in almost two years.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies! I don't think my bike ever had the clips but I'll get em.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just picked my bike up yesterday after having my exhaust/performance upgrade done and mentioned the clips to my mechanic. He had some in the shop and put them on for me. Thanks for the info my brothers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts