Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2012 cross country tour comes with real leather seats? Just picked mine up and I can't tell. Also , what is the best aftermarket seat for our victory. I am 6'2 and need more height and be placed further back.
Thanks
bcflyguy
British Columbia Canada

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Take a look at Ultimate seats. I have read enough good things about them that mine is on order and I'm anxious to recieve it.
Great folks to deal with too.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I have a 2012 XCT and the seat is vinyl. I am 5'-8" and l wanted a lower seat. The Ultimate doesn't do it so I had some foam shaved off the top and sides and the covered re-stapled at a local upholsterer and it came out awesome. $100. Maybe you could start by shaving some off the lumbar to move you further back. I sat on the Ultimate seat in Daytona and it is comfortable. It doesn't lower you and I think it will move you ahead maybe 1". Check out Corbin.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Talking about customer service. My seat on my 12XR is coming apart(looks like 3 white dots. This is only going to get to be a bigger rip) and I contacted my dealer last week and he said he had to contact Victory about it. Well I have not heard anything from him. I always seem to be the one contacting the dealer. Him not contacting me. So i called Victory today and the rep tells me that I have to go through the dealer and she mentions that It may not be covered by warranty and may be labeled as wear. I said What? You mean to tell me Victory seats on their bikes are not covered? I have only had the bike since May 18th.

Any one have some advice. Has it happened to anyone else on the form.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take a look at Ultimate seats. I have read enough good things about them that mine is on order and I'm anxious to recieve it.
Great folks to deal with too.
thanks for your input Navycraig seems to me Ultimate is the way to go
thanks

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don,t want to move forward Jim, I need to go back
bcflyguy

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Exactly, that's why I was kind of giving you a headsup.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
necoachbw,
You have a very expensive bike between your legs and Victory is a big company. I am sure that they do NOT want to ruin their reputation They will keep you happy
bcflyguy

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Keep in mind that aftermarket seats will likely not have the heat function of the XCT seat, if that is important for you (and a passenger). If the aftermarket seats do have heat, too, they will likely be very expensive. I'm just saying...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Corbin has a heat option. If you decide to go with one, make sure to go with Kate at Honda East Toledo. She will take care of you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts