Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the new for 12' XCTouring windshield and was surprised to find the windshield lays over the outer fairing top. It does not install into the slot between inner and outer fairing. The mounting brackets hold the window about 1/8" away from the top of outer shell. This windshield is 17 7/8" tall from top of vent opening to top of lexan. This is a LARGE windshield and does give more protection. I like the larger mounting arms(black) as a windshield this large seems like it will need the additional support. Keeping my flip for summer riding. No helmet buffeting now as I am 6' tall and I can not look over the top of this windshield at all. thumb up

·
Registered
381 Posts
I wonder if it mounts a tad different on a 2012. I am 5'7" and sitting straight up on the 12 I was able to just see over the windshield. Perfect for me.thumb up

·
Registered
573 Posts
I just installed the new for 12' XCTouring windshield and was surprised to find the windshield lays over the outer fairing top. It does not install into the slot between inner and outer fairing. The mounting brackets hold the window about 1/8" away from the top of outer shell
My understanding is the shield "setoff" is to help reduce the low presuure area which exists between the original shield. This low presuure pulls the airgoing over the windshield down and onto the helmet, thus... buffeting.

Glad to hear it works!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'd love to see some pictures. If I understand what you are saying about that offset that may cure the rattle I get from the windshield vibrating against the fairing at high speed and high RPM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts