Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Personally I think the chrome looks odd on the blacked out bikes. I had mine powder coated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
KindredGhost: What is happening with the Plastic Dipp? I was going to paint my bike with it but all my chrome is powered coated. Now they say use at least 3 to 6 coats to make it last.

·
Registered
29 Posts
KindredGhost: What is happening with the Plastic Dipp? I was going to paint my bike with it but all my chrome is powered coated. Now they say use at least 3 to 6 coats to make it last.

That would be correct... you want at least 6 coats on chrome. It's a lot of shiny stuff to bury.

Plasti dip is awesome. But it can be challenging to get clean lines. I've dipped my chrome headlight bezel, brake pedal, and the chrome forged bars with excellent results. The front turn signals are a pain in the ass to get. I'm pretty anal, so It's gotta be damn near perfect... and it's hard to get good lines. It just takes practice i guess.

-kg

·
Registered
22 Posts
i think it's funny or i am showing my age. I prefer the chrome to the point that i have not bought a couple vics because they were blacked out. I can't imagine blacking chrome.

each to his own, don't get me wrong. You guys obviously feel the same way (in reverse!) as you would put so much effort into getting rid of that shiny stuff....

I guess i am just old school......I guess there is a vic for everyone regardless of your style cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like chrome. I stayed away from the red Victory at first because of the black-out. When I got to the dealer and saw the depth of the red I went with it. The red that they chose goes well with the black. I had a chrome sporty before, but also liked the idea of not having to polish it anymore. I can say that I enjoyed looking at the sporty more. I do like the Victory look also. I still want a chrome cruiser also. (referring to 40caliber)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw that Arizona Victory is selling black bag protectors for over $600. I don't want to pay that much.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
I like chrome. I stayed away from the red Victory at first because of the black-out. When I got to the dealer and saw the depth of the red I went with it. The red that they chose goes well with the black. I had a chrome sporty before, but also liked the idea of not having to polish it anymore. I can say that I enjoyed looking at the sporty more. I do like the Victory look also. I still want a chrome cruiser also. (referring to 40caliber)
I love the name Victory gave my 2010 XR's paint color; Midnight Cherry. Reminds me of my high school days, or more accurately, the nights.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
OK....who's been in my yearbook?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts