Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there 5'6" with the tall or touring windshield? 29" inseam. I trying to figure out where it would sit. Of course none of the dealers carry them.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
It would be over your head. For most it would be to tall as you would have to look through it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
128 Posts
The tall windshield on my CCT is above eye level for me. 5' 8" and 29" inseam. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a clear 12.75 inch V-Stream that's too short for me to look over for sale AS NEW.. if you are interested PM me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm 5"8" with a 29" inseam as well. I also have a Cee Bailey with vent for sale if interested. - Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm 5'6" and a 29 inseam as well. I had the tall windshield and I cut it down about two inches. I still look throught the windshield but I can move up enough to see over it if need be. Sorry not much help..

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
My solution is to sit on the bike and determine what level the shield would have to be for me to look over it. I then draw a line with a sharpie and use a coping saw to cut the shield. Then use a belt sander with a fine grit paper to smooth things out. The result is a custom shield that works for me at no cost. When looking at custom shields in catalogs they often list a height, but I'm never sure where they are measured from. Are measured from the top edge of the cut out in the bottom of the XCT shield? Or from an imaginary bottom point equal to the length of the sides of the shield which extend below the cut out? I just get frustrated and get our my saw, it's worked on the last four bikes!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

I bought the premium. I will have to look through it. I see that most want to have their eyes right over the top. A friend of mine looks through his, doesn't have a problem with it in weather. Is the problem in weather that this becomes important? I had a sporty with a shield. I got it after riding in a cold rain without it. Never got the chance before getting the Victory. If I need to I have a saw and sand paper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts