Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install a pair of D&D slip on pipes on my 2013 Victory cross country and was wandering if I need to add a power commander or do anything else to it. I'm doing this to get louder sounding pipes, do not really care to increase horse power.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
do you want to save some money? i do rebaffles, i can safely say they cost less then half of d and ds.

but to answer your question, just the mufflers, no tuner needed

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
The D&Ds that I got came with a stage 1 map which I had the dealer install.

just an FYI

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
If you haven't bought them yet, don't - go with the Vance & Hines slip-ons! They are a world of difference better, just my .02 worth. Had D&D wrapped - no decent tone, unwrapped them, not much better. Got the V&H, couldn't be happier and the bike sounds like a real bike now at less cost than the D&D's. thumb up

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback everyone. My first choice in slip ons were the Vance and Hines like Toejam suggested and Scott at Conquest customs in Boca Raton, Florida talked me into the D & D's.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Anyone have some suggestions for a slip on that adds some more tone but isn't so loud they are annoying on 500 mile trips?

look up miller mufflers on youtube i have a couple videos there

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
hopefully those links work for you, probably the cheapest you will find without doing them yourself

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
+1 on Miller Mufflers! I love mine... After 5000km they are starting to sound better and better all the time.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1434651592.989900.jpg

just for comparison, this is minutes ago off of kyles dyno, 2014-15 xc, pcv, lloydz filter, wheel at 8(kyle set it there) and vance and hines pipes

ImageUploadedByMO Free1434651710.277372.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1434651736.147259.jpg
these two are lilmags and pains bikes,, pcv, lloydz filter, wheel at 4, miller mufflers(half the cost of V&H)

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
V&H are still cheaper than D&D, just sayin... sound better too!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1435721884.608708.jpg
D&Ds, pcv, lloydz filter, timing wheel

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Okay for all of you who want a good sounding exhaust but still want to here your stereo on your bike go with Miller!!!!! For the price, service and just all around great person Drew is the man! He kept me informed during the entire process. His mod to the stock slip-ons are perfect. Extremely nice sound at idle without being over obnoxious at full rev. He even supplied the clamps to reinstall the chrome shields.

Best part is the price! I was really wanting some Vance & Hines for my Ness-Magnum. Just really didn't like how they don't match up with rest of the chrome shields from the front. I saw Drew Millers post on the Victory Buy / Sale page on Facebook. For $225 bucks then add the $100 core charge you cant beat it! Oh and no I am not receiving any money from Drew just putting this out there for anyone who doesn't want to break the bank and I am very impressed with his product!

Link is at idle
https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-x...=8ab96fe6ca1cb0b2183d93758f3bef0f&oe=5597F272

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
D&D sound great . Not too loud and authoritive when you really put the power down. They do not sound like ****. On a stock bike maybe but not on a cammed bike that is tuned. V&H are nice too. Dont know anything about miller mufflers. Sound from exhaust systems is so subjective. On a **** running bike they all sound like ****. :D

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm going to install a pair of D&D slip on pipes on my 2013 Victory cross country and was wandering if I need to add a power commander or do anything else to it. I'm doing this to get louder sounding pipes, do not really care to increase horse power.
The PCV is not only for power its xfor tuning. A stock bike would benefit. If all you want is louder pipes then some of the suggestions here are good and may not require a tuner. Performance pipes such as DnD and VnH would benefit from a Lloyds filter and a PCV. Throw in a timing adjustment wheel for good measure anda set of cams and those performance mufflers will really sing .

I had D&D only at one time and was talked into a Victory flash with a Vic filter. It was ok at best yet still better than stock. Only issue was the annoying popping you get from exhaust. Any exhaust. Once you tap into the 106 it always wants more and needs it to run right. This motor can take alot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts