Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much forum reading (thank you!) and shopping around, and some test riding, I am poised to take delivery of a shiny new 2013 Boardwalk Blue Cross Country Tour sometime in the next week. Immediate upgrades will include Lloydz ATS/PTS, Freedom Performance True Duals, Lloydz Fuel Controller, some type of Lloydz filter (need to find out specifics), and a heel shifter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
After much forum reading (thank you!) and shopping around, and some test riding, I am poised to take delivery of a shiny new 2013 Boardwalk Blue Cross Country Tour sometime in the next week. Immediate upgrades will include Lloydz ATS/PTS, Freedom Performance True Duals, Lloydz Fuel Controller, some type of Lloydz filter (need to find out specifics), and a heel shifter.
congrats, let me know how you like your heel shifter, I am thinking about it but not decided on the victory or the Kewlmetal one

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congrats, let me know how you like your heel shifter, I am thinking about it but not decided on the victory or the Kewlmetal one
See, there's always more to learn. Just Googled the KewlMetal one and it looks really nice. I will probably stay with the Victory one since I'm sure it's in stock but I'll ask about the KewlMetal one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I had the Victory shifter and swapped it out for the Kewlmetal one. It just felt better shifting. Since the factory Vic shifter is close to the trans case and I felt I was always searching for it.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the new bike. I had the Victory shifter and swapped it out for the Kewlmetal one. It just felt better shifting. Since the factory Vic shifter is close to the trans case and I felt I was always searching for it.
Thanks. That's good information. I am used to a beefier heel shifter but I guess Victory's goal is to keep the gigantic floor boards clutter-free.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went with the vic heel shift. It took a little getting used to since it was smaller than what I had on my Road Star but now it is like second nature.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the Vic heel shifter and think it's the best one I ever had. I am never searching for it. Lift your heel, move it to the case and it's always there. I came off a VStar and find this one's design much better functionally.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went with the Kewlmetal heel shifter. LOVE it! I chose it because it looked more similar to what I was used to with the VTX1800R.

I rode for about 3 weeks before it arrived. I'm 6'3". It was painful pulling the front of the foot back so often!

A tip for those that go with the Kewlmetal. It comes with threaded Allen head bolts to install from the inside. In order to make room for an Allen wrench, you need to loosen and/or remove a few things, including the foot board. Not hard, but I found this tip from someone else in the forum: Go buy hex head bolts. (A few pennies at ACE Hardware.) You can slide them in rather easily with your fingers and there is plenty of room to put a box wrench on them.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
For anyone interested I have a Vic heel shifter. new in package. 79 shipped con US.
Thanks
Dan

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Congrats ScottyJ. Boardwalk Blue just happens to be the most comfortable color lol

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I have the victory heel shifter and it is worth it's weight in gold. I don't think you could go wrong with either brand, my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Great looking bike the Boardwalk. Enjoy! Is the dealer putting all the Lloyds goodies on before the 1st service?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey all. Once again, I really appreciate all the input. So here's the latest. I went to the dealership today and officially signed the deal. (I unofficially signed it on Saturday so they could put it in before November ended, supposedly getting a better deal.)

They are/were supposed to get the actual bike in the store today/tonight. I was hoping maybe I could pick it up by Thursday, maybe before we get some bad weather here in Big D but all the add-ons are in stock except the Lloydz ATS/PTS, so I'm going to wait.

They asked me if Saturday was okay, and that's fine if the weather cooperates. The current forecast says Friday is 33F/21F with a wintry mix and Saturday is 32F/28F with light freezing rain. Not exactly ideal weather for a first ride. I don't care how cold it is but I'm not riding two-up (or even solo) on a wet, semi-frozen road.

Yes, they are adding the add-ons immediately. I asked about the KewlMetal heel shifter and the Parts Manager was not familiar with it so, of course, they did not have it in stock. So I'm sticking with the Victory shifter. All the other add-ons are as I suspected, meaning the Lloydz VFC-III and the Lloydz Hi-Flow Air Filter.

This bike is a major purchase for me and I've been a bit uptight about the whole process but I know it'll all be worth it in the end and I'll be grinning like a Cheshire cat. :D

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wanna ride!

Low 20F's all day today, ice on the road, and I doubt the dealer's even open, so no new bike for me today. They're closed Sunday and Monday so I guess it's Tuesday at the earliest. :( Patiently waiting... Tap tap tap. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Great looking bike the Boardwalk. Enjoy! Is the dealer putting all the Lloyds goodies on before the 1st service?
Sorry, I meant CCT. Damn, Getting old :confused: Still like the Board walk too though!

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, I meant CCT. Damn, Getting old :confused: Still like the Board walk too though!
LOL. I know what you mean. And it's confusing because the color is Boardwalk Blue but it is not the Boardwalk. No worries. I just wish the temperature would get above freezing and this ice would melt so I could get my scoot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats on the new XCT. Got mine this past September and love it. You will get a lot of compliments on the color. It started snowing here about 2 hours ago and there is at least 3 to 4 inches on the ground so mine is setting in the garage.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts