Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a mint 2013 Crossroads Classic. Only had 5200 miles on it, bunch of extras including lights and speakers and a rear passenger rest/trunk.

One thing I don't like is there is no way to lock the saddle bags or the trunk.
The trunk has a small black knob on the back you twist to latch and unlatch the lid.
Is there any way to change this for a locking system?
I've looked all over it, but cannot find a model number or anything else, and none of the paperwork with the bike included information on the trunk.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Reply to this and another reply and you can post pictures. It doesn't sound like that is a Vic trunk. The saddlebags should have locks that utilize the ignition key. You might want to state where you are, in case there's a forum member near you who is willing to help. And most of us are willing to help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to go back and edit my post after I realized I'd left out the whole member intro thing.

Names Stephan, live in Central FL.
Been riding for a couple years, started on a 06 Shadow 1100.
Stopped at the bike place over the weekend to get the wife a new Jacket and ended up signing papers on the Crossroads Classic.
It was the exact bike I've been wanting since I started to ride.

I'll get pictures in the morning of the trunk.
It is a victory trunk. It has Victory stamped on the back on a chrome plate.
It is a hard, leather covered trunk with a back rest built in for the passenger. Looks to have 2 hooks on the rear of it, I guess to received tie downs if I were to put something on top of it.

After sleuthing around the internet, I think it may be from a Vegas or Kingpin

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'd love to see a picture of what you're describing. The trunk sounds like it's the Kingpin Tour trunk, although those don't have any hooks on them by default. That trunk was never a factory option for any of the Cross bikes.. but I always wondered what it would look like on a Cross bike. Mine does have a lock built into the latch handle.. not sure why your's wouldn't. I rarely if ever lock mine..but it is a nice feature from time to time to be able to lock it. Are you sure it doesn't have a keyhole in it? Not sure what it would take to get a locking mechanism for it or to get it re-keyed.. I"m sure it can be done since it was a standard option for the Kingpin Tour.

·
Registered
536 Posts
as far as i can tell, there is nothing for locks for the leather bags... i was looking at one of the black and white classics a while back and that was a big concern of mine as well. but you can get the hard bags from a cross country or another cross roads and they will mount right up with no issues and give you the security of locks. sadly i didn't end up with the classic but a first year cross roads so it came with the hard bags already on it. :)

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Looks like your only choice, if you want locking cases is to swap with another Cross bike owner who likes yours and will trade his hard bags for yours. Where do you live that you need to lock your cases?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't need to lock it per say.
It would just be a nice option to have.
I don't even care too much for locking the saddle bags, but to be able to lock the trunk would be a nice feature

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
We still don't know where you live. Wanna share that? Yes? No?

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Not hard to fit a hasp and staple to lock it.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had one since 2013 and really like it, except for cleaning the air filter. I've read that you can install file cabinet style locks on the bags. I've never locked mine and just make sure not to leave anything in it I couldn't stand to lose. It does not have any other locking mechanisms on it either, such as handle bar locks, etc. I'd recommend a brake-pin lock or something similar. Mine runs like a charm and has 25K on it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've had one since 2013 and really like it, except for cleaning the air filter. I've read that you can install file cabinet style locks on the bags. I've never locked mine and just make sure not to leave anything in it I couldn't stand to lose. It does not have any other locking mechanisms on it either, such as handle bar locks, etc. I'd recommend a brake-pin lock or something similar. Mine runs like a charm and has 25K on it.
I have a bike chain i run through the front forks and wheel. Stops anyone rolling away with it and trying to start it later.

How often do you have to clean/change the air filter?
I've put about 250 miles on the bike so far.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Once every 5Kish, unless I'm in usual road conditions over an extended period. I did put a high performance, cleanable filter on it because I installed Vans and Hines slip on exhaust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts