Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off , I would like to throw a big shout out to the "BigBK" !thumb upcheers Thanks again Brother , as he sent me his bars "in good faith" so I could install them on my bike and send him my bars . He even had to fork out a ton of shipping money too , as did I , but he took the initial risk and I truly thank him for that . Ok , lets get to the point , these bars did for me all that I wanted , they are very close to a drag bar with very little rise and very little pullback . With the bars turned all the way to one side there is about a 1/2" of tank clearance ... Perfect ! These allow me to sit in a much more aggressive position , or , lean back extend my arms and cruise along . IMO the stock Hammer bars just have way too much pullback . For me , the ergonomics now feel spot on .

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
Looks great! Almost like drag bars.

·
13,002 Posts
can't even see the boot print on the exhaust.
Nice bars

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! Almost like drag bars.
Thanks Broggs , angles and such are hard to determine by simple pictures , but they are worlds different from the Hammer bars and are much lower and further forward ...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks Broggs , angles and such are hard to determine by simple pictures , but they are worlds different from the Hammer bars and are much lower and further forward ...
They look awesome! I think I would rather do this then put on the drag bars I just bought.

How much further forward are the bars?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My main reason for doing this was to retain 1" bars and I know I can always mess with different risers as needed , but these are perfect , IMO . I'm guesstimating but I would say 3" lower and 3-4" forward . Its when you hold the bars next to each other that the WOW factor of how different they are sets in . The judge bars have a small rise and a small pull back .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great. I have Judge bars on my hammer and love them. Way better then the stock bars.
Yes I noticed an instant improvement , very happy with them . Thankscheers

·
Registered
120 Posts
My main reason for doing this was to retain 1" bars and I know I can always mess with different risers as needed , but these are perfect , IMO . I'm guesstimating but I would say 3" lower and 3-4" forward . Its when you hold the bars next to each other that the WOW factor of how different they are sets in . The judge bars have a small rise and a small pull back .
They look friggin awesome! What year Judge are they off of? I looked at a 13 Judge on the website and they look exactly the same as the Hammer bar.

When I look up the part numbers they are different.

I would much rather go this route and keep the stock risers.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You have to go with the 2013 model , the 2014 models are more like the stock Hammer bars .... vortech , I sent you a PM.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys !cheers

·
Registered
352 Posts
I will check out 1st hand in a few weeks (at Laconia) !!!

......and you can take a whirl on the 116 , if you want .... ;)

Peter

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will check out 1st hand in a few weeks (at Laconia) !!!

......and you can take a whirl on the 116 , if you want .... ;)

Peter
Sounds like an excellent plan Peter !cheers

·
Registered
530 Posts
First off , I would like to throw a big shout out to the "BigBK" !thumb upcheers Thanks again Brother , as he sent me his bars "in good faith" so I could install them on my bike and send him my bars . He even had to fork out a ton of shipping money too , as did I , but he took the initial risk and I truly thank him for that . Ok , lets get to the point , these bars did for me all that I wanted. With the bars turned all the way to one side there is about a 1/2" of tank clearance ... Perfect! . IMO the stock Hammer bars just have way too much pullback . For me , the ergonomics now feel spot on .
Awww schucks, thanks for the shout out. :eek: Looking slick dude. Glad you like em. I hope I like the hammer bars for the exact opposite reasons. I do love the straight one arm cruise, and I do love the lean in. But with both hands on the bars I have zero bend in my elbows, giving me some wrist pain on long rides. Damn these stubby arms. But since I had a spare set of judge bars if the hammer bars don't work out I can swap back. Pretty stoked to try em.

(working midnights all week so may not be able to get them on until next weekend.)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts