Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of a big let down, if you ask me. I was anticipating SOMETHING new. Other than paint schemes. Don't get me wrong, I like every bike they revealed, but they didn't really reveal anything. Come on Victory give us a little something extra !

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well we already saw the spoiler. I will agree that it was kind of anti-climatic. I had hoped to see some of the Playboy models in the pics. That would have been nice. thumb up

·
Registered
368 Posts
Too bad, very Harley-esque. Hoping the future doesn't continue to bring the anticipation of what the new colors will be along with a price increase as the big news for the next model year.
The 2013 apparel unveil will have more changes than the bikes, due to their cool new logo.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I wasn't really expecting much with this unveil...but was hoping for at least a little something. Oh well...waiting for the 30th. wac

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad, very Harley-esque. Hoping the future doesn't continue to bring the anticipation of what the new colors will be along with a price increase as the big news for the next model year.
The 2013 apparel unveil will have more changes than the bikes, due to their cool new logo.
Very true, Greg. It has a very strong HD scent to it. I would love to see more accessories, and some cool t-shirts are nice for souvenirs. But, not at the expense of detracting from the machines.

·
Registered
634 Posts
A while ago, Victory said they were on track to bring out a new model every six months. So far, they have delivered on that statement. There is still a new one coming.

·
Registered
368 Posts
A while ago, Victory said they were on track to bring out a new model every six months. So far, they have delivered on that statement. There is still a new one coming.
I hate to see Vic start putting out a large variety of bikes, just to increase the size of the "stable". Granted 17 bikes parked in front of the factory roadshow trailer looks more impressive than the handful available just a few years ago.

The "Cruiser" line could be trimmed. Starting with the Vegas. Four versions ... really?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I hate to see Vic start putting out a large variety of bikes, just to increase the size of the "stable". Granted 17 bikes parked in front of the factory roadshow trailer looks more impressive than the handful available just a few years ago.

The "Cruiser" line could be trimmed. Starting with the Vegas. Four versions ... really?
The new X-Bikes do away with the Kingpin. The Judge pretty much puts a nail in the Hammer's coffin. The Vision will probably be undone by the X-Bikes.

I see the X-Bike line up; The Jackpot staying; The Judge selling like hotcakes and the Vegas being re-worked to a more entry level bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Victory hasn't had a "new" model since the Cross bikes...everything else is a paint or trim scheme on an existing model. Personally, I have had my fill of Victory trying to follow HD in that regards. Just because you change paint color or handlebars it suddenly doesn't become a new model. And yes, that goes for the Vegas Judge as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow. Vic lets slip a few pics of their new bikes and the hostility comes out! At least wait to complain until the lineup is shown completely.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Happy So Far

I'm pretty happy with the lineup so far, would like to see them expand the options for the current line and color choices. More accessories are always a plus.
Some day I would like to Victory come up with a sport bike line...or at least have Harley resurrect Buell.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My only complaint is the lack of the Playboy models. Those are the pics I wanted to see. HUBBA HUBBA:crzy: LOL!!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Too bad, very Harley-esque.
I don't think rolling out an old model with new paint is unique to Harley. I mean it does actually cost considerable coin to churn out a new product. Guess who will pay for that.

I've read that a lot of new sportbike design is subsidized by the company's touring and cruiser lines. Those rarely change and have good margins. Sportbikes are constantly evolving to stay in the spec sheet game. The fact that 99% of their owners will never use but a small fraction of their capability is moot.

What I do find Harley-esque is allowing the Marketing dept to so heavily dictate their designs.

I think both the core Cruiser and Cross bikes are very good motorcycles. I would prefer to see them offer models with standard wheels, good ergos, top notch suspensions, and brakes. They can make a catalog full of things that will reduce those functions so as to "personalize" it for the rider if so desired.

·
Registered
530 Posts
They should have added an adjustable or a flip windshield, a hydraulic clutch, changed the plastic gas fitting on the tank to a metal one, changed the sound system to premium speakers with a good amp.

Skid plates, a funtional center stand.
Better sounding and performing pipes.

C'mon Victory, hire me as your advisor and you'd sell alot more bikes.

Many folks would gladly pay more for these features.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
They should have added a hydraulic clutch...
Have you tried one? I prefer them, but the one I felt on a Vision seemed really heavy compared to their cable actuated mechanisms.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Many people would pay for the upgrades but many more would have to make more room in their budget.

It's tough to market just about anything because you have to price low enough to bring in customers while providing good enough products to keep from scaring other customers away.

Put it this way; if you sold $100000 widgets that had everything everyone wants you are going to satisfy the few that can afford them while scaring away 99 of 100 customers. If you provided a similar product with the same form/fit/function/reliability but less bling for $10000 your product is upgradable for the people with the extra $$ and much more affordable to a larger customer base.

Simply put you can sell a few and make a little or sell a lot make a lot. That's what upgrades are for.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The truth hurts sometimes

Wow. Vic lets slip a few pics of their new bikes and the hostility comes out! At least wait to complain until the lineup is shown completely.
Vic didn't "let slip" any pics and so far, there is nothing "new" here other than colors and a logo. Until the "Boardwalk" emerges, then the comments, are valid.

The web site states "Victory unveils several 2013 baggers early, including three Cross County models & the Victory Hard-ball".
Part of the grumbling may be due to the fact, there was quite a bit of hype from the PR folks. It was like opening your Xmas present and finding a basketball, and all you'd been talking about since Halloween was that Red Ryder BB gun.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
As said before and after each release Victory isn't changing things for current owners they are doing it to drawn in new owners. There's no sense in complaining unless you were planning on upgrading to a newer model.

Anybody want some crayons?

·
Registered
693 Posts
The new X-Bikes do away with the Kingpin. The Judge pretty much puts a nail in the Hammer's coffin. The Vision will probably be undone by the X-Bikes.

I see the X-Bike line up; The Jackpot staying; The Judge selling like hotcakes and the Vegas being re-worked to a more entry level bike.
Completely disagree! The X-Bikes and the Kingpin are very different bikes in many regards. Not everyone wants a bagger or would even consider one. I'm guessing the new Boardwalk may be the successor to the Kingpin. And the Judge is very different than Hammer. The Judge is essentially a re-worked Vegas if I recall right while the Hammer is a power cruiser and will appeal to very different markets.

As for the Vision, it will likely lose sales to the CC/CCT, but there are plenty who want something like that versus a dresser.

Victory hasn't had a "new" model since the Cross bikes...everything else is a paint or trim scheme on an existing model. Personally, I have had my fill of Victory trying to follow HD in that regards. Just because you change paint color or handlebars it suddenly doesn't become a new model. And yes, that goes for the Vegas Judge as well.
Following HD for a business model is very, very far from a bad idea. They have been the segment leader for a VERY long time. Making completely new models cost a lot of money where as this route allows to mitigate those cost. Victory's #1 goal at this time is to keep increasing their sales. And this is how it's done. All companies do it this way. You have a core stable and build one offs from there.

What I do find Harley-esque is allowing the Marketing dept to so heavily dictate their designs.
Well, marketing does drive sales and Vic is in position to see some huge growth and make a legitimate impact in the full sized cruiser market. The more they can get the name and brand out there, the better.

As said before and after each release Victory isn't changing things for current owners they are doing it to drawn in new owners. There's no sense in complaining unless you were planning on upgrading to a newer model.
Ding ding! Keep the current customers happy with good models and service...and introduce new stuff to bring people in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts