Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a 2013 judge and wanted to experiment with some slip on muffler with tips to replace the stock muffs. I have read a ton and can't find what the stock mufflers inlet size is? Magnaflow and a ton of others have nice 3.5-4" round stainless and Black powder coated mufflers with killer tips on them. As much as a pain it seems to be to get the stock muffs off I wanted to have them on hand during surgery. Any help?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2" or 2.25" ?

So it seems it's either one of the two (2" or 2.25"). The cross roads is 2.25" but not sure on the Vegas/kingpin/judge. Anyone? I will post pics and a video when done. I want to keep the merging chamber for best performance in lieu of changing the headers.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wowza!

Amazing amount of support! THX!
The inlets are 1.75". For those looking their are many adapters Walker 41886 will reduce a 2.25" muffler (using the Magnaflow polished stainless muffler with tip, she is 14" long / 4" round) to fit over the 1.75" header. Will post results when done.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bitwell Mini Muffler

I found something new that fits/bolts directly on the 1.75" header pipe. These are called the Bitwell Mini Mufflers. I ordered the Black "Grenades" which are 10.25" long and 2 2/8" in diameter. This will give a kool look to the Judge. I will post a video and pics when done.

http://www.biltwellinc.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=113

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
lots of fitments but

you can slip on anything that fits but may need to improvise a support bracket. i am partial to 304 stainless + dimecitycycle.com has them with brushed finish at lo prices, prolly made by cone engineering. i would like a lighter muffler with a merge collector for my 13 hammer keeping the benefits of a 2-1 system. one slip-on can save some lbs

·
13,242 Posts
Those shorty muffler might look pretty cool.thumb up
Hope you post photos

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Amazing amount of support! THX!
The inlets are 1.75". For those looking their are many adapters Walker 41886 will reduce a 2.25" muffler (using the Magnaflow polished stainless muffler with tip, she is 14" long / 4" round) to fit over the 1.75" header. Will post results when done.
You're welcome. Maybe sometimes people just don't know so should they tell you a lie so you think you're getting support?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1.75" confirmed

Well as told by d&d it is 1.75" in diameter for the inlet. I test fitted the magnaflow tips and they looked ok. They were too long for my taste. I will post pictures tonight. I am excited about getting the biltwell grenade pipes and seeing how they look/sound/perform. After removing the cats and Debaffling the pipes completely she sounds much better. Removing the cats help tremendously in the tone. I will get the tune updated this week too.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Since you have done a decat you definitely need to get on the tuning. The cats are an integral tuning part on a Vic so anything you do to them will degrade actual performance at reasonable RPMs. You may recover some of it with a tuner.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A lot of opinions on that subject. All aftermarket exhausts besides Vic's lose the cats to maximize flow. Disconnecting the 02's, high flow filter combined with decat/debaffle has an excellent feel and much smoother power with a noticeable top side increase (butt dyno), not to mention less backfiring. I will update the tune and advise with the addition of the biltwell mini muffs too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think the steel frame bikes run better without the cat, but keep in mind your bike is very lean stock and with the filter-decat-debaffle you are dangerous lean. You have to put a fueller on your bike. Do not pay for the dealer to flash it as it will still be too lean. Use the money to buy a used vfc 3. Cheap and you can tune it yourself as you make changes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts