·
Registered
693 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Boardwalk Tease

You all beat me to posting here...cool!'

FYI, we will be launching the new 2013 website with all the new models, including Boardwalk at 7PM CST, July 30th.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Dave,

You know the deal; live, breath, eat, sleep, Victory Motorcycles!

Counting down the days.cheers

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looks like the Judge with bigger fenders and a Cross Roads light to me.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Agree on the KP comments. Looks like Victory has "migrated" the concept to the new frame and styled a set of "King Pin" fenders onto the XC bike (similar fuel tank) and removed the saddle bags. Looks to give that frame a lightly different look. No fairing on it but the tops of the triple tree don't look like the XR either.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You all beat me to posting here...cool!'

FYI, we will be launching the new 2013 website with all the new models, including Boardwalk at 7PM CST, July 30th.

Dave
Maybe I'm a sneaky insider. Or....maybe I just happened to hit FB at the right time. lol You guys have need for a graphic artist over there? My wife would love to work for Victory and the headquarters isn't too far from our house. lol

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
boardwalk tease video

was sent to my inbox at 3:20. 38 seconds of "doesnt show much."
nice taillamp.--irv
should be on the victory site

·
Registered
566 Posts
Agree on the KP comments. Looks like Victory has "migrated" the concept to the new frame and styled a set of "King Pin" fenders onto the XC bike (similar fuel tank) and removed the saddle bags. Looks to give that frame a lightly different look. No fairing on it but the tops of the triple tree don't look like the XR either.
I don't think the tank is from a Cross bike. I'm pretty sure they built this from the Judge.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm liking the look of the "new" wedges. Can't wait to see it all. this is better news than the original "NEW Line-up" email..

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Boardwalk

Ok, I thought I saw a post that indicated that Vic was calling their new blue XC a Boardwalk. By the looks of this video, that ain't the case.

It looks like they took a Judge tank, side covers and mated it with an extended Highball rear fender and standard chrome headlamp. Surely with that enormous rear fender it will be taking the place of the Kingpin. Hopefully, they don't straddle it with the lower lower grade suspension of the other models. That would be a shame.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Please let them make a white XR! If they do, my black stallion's going to be for sale. :D

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
CR,
You may have to give up and get a paint job...

BTW the KP is no longer on the CA emissions certificate.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have heard the Kingpin is out in 2013, & the boardwalk is a steel framed bike, so not like the cross bikes at all.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Def not a cross tank. Cross tanks have the fuel lid on the side, away from the middle. I like the hard lines of this new machine. Can't wait to see it.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
It's the Judge tank - similar to the Cross thank, but it's narrower - and the gas cap does land in the middle because it is narrower.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It looks like they took a Judge tank, side covers and mated it with an extended Highball rear fender and standard chrome headlamp. Surely with that enormous rear fender it will be taking the place of the Kingpin. Hopefully, they don't straddle it with the lower lower grade suspension of the other models. That would be a shame.
It does looks like they ditched the inverted front end. Pause the video at 22 seconds and look below the headlight, the botton of the forks are larger than the top. If this is the case I would consider it an epic failure.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I have heard the Kingpin is out in 2013, & the boardwalk is a steel framed bike, so not like the cross bikes at all.
It looks very much like a Highball with a Judge tank and standard bars. It appears to have the same side covers as the Highball as opposed to the oval number plate covers.

The more I look at that fender, the more I think they mounted a large license plate under it and that the fender really isn't all that big. Bigger than the Highballs for sure, but not Kingpin big.

Rear tire appears appropriately sized. Hopefully, it is a nice five spoke in a standard size that supports modern radials.

Also looks like it has a big, comfy passenger perch. It has the potential to be a fantastic bike and it looks good too. I'm rooting for it.

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Here's my prediction:

It's a non-number plated and full fendered Judge-style bike... Or call it a Kingpin with an X-bike style tank and conventional forks. It will probably wear some goofy 16" wheels and balloon bias-ply tires (because Victory, being a 13-14 year old company is a slave to tradition!).

Take everything good about the Kingpin and remove it... replace it with Judge/Vegas stuff. Another styling excercise... another stupid name.

Might be reason #147 why I'll keep the Kingpin forever, since it was the best platform they ever built. I still see nothing I would trade it for.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I wish they'd come out with a completely new bike instead of mish-mashing pieces of a few together. Give me something fresh to look at. I'll keep my Jackpot forever and if this trend continues from them the only bike I'll add would be a cross country.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts